www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 07-10-19, 21:23   #121
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post

The fact that Ana was able to sneak into his room each night and stab holes in his hand and make him believe he had stigmata is so incredibly hilarious to me. What a "plot twist" that was.
Omg!

We’ve got the tombs and light-hearted Lara with Shadow. Now we just need good writers from CD/EM..........
Old 07-10-19, 21:28   #122
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Omg!

We’ve got the tombs and light-hearted Lara with Shadow. Now we just need good writers from CD/EM..........
Nah, what we need is to have CD/EM actually let the writers to their job. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Ana caused Konstantin's stigmata" was a CD mandated story point, like they mandated Richard to be part of the story of RotTR.
Old 07-10-19, 21:31   #123
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Omg!

Did you not know about that?

I'm not surprised, they revealed it in a side document that most people missed.
Old 07-10-19, 21:33   #124
Rai

I had a longer answer with quotes, then I got bored so I'll just answer as I see it.

I find RBLara's canonical outfits already quite stylish. Well in an archaeologist-adventurer kind of way. None of her clothes have been baggy or unflattering as suggested, they're just not skin tight. I will agree I'd rather a bit more colour rather than the grey opted for her TR'13, Syria and the henley tops. I think Vaskito's posts at least proves that even CLara sometimes favoured comfort and practicality over style at times. Those outfits were not form fitting, the trousers even gave hr legs a boxy look and they're obviously meant to be loser as the material bunches up as it's tucked into her boots. The orange colour of the Antarctica jacket is nice, but the jacket is clearly meant to be padded and only cinched a little at the waist due to the belt and not its natural shape.

As for fun and charismatic personality, well, she could do with more of that and it was creeping in, in Shadow. I think the comics and movie does her character more justice when it comes to those traits. To be fair, the opportunities were scarce in TR'13 and somewhat in Rise. The trilogy concentrated more on her knowledge and love for history and actual archaeology, which was a nice touch. Perhaps now that she's unburdened from her past, which Trinity was greatly responsible for, she can move on and her next adventure she'll be able to show her fun side and her love for adventure over desperate survival, duty and obligation. I think the idea that the events on Yamatai wouldn't have ignited in her a sense of adventure are false or misjudged. Lara already had an adventurous side to to her, but Yamatai barely let up on death threatening dangerous situations, it wasn't until Shadow that she was given much chance to actually enjoy the adventure at times.

As for the stigmata on Konstantin's hands, I beleive Ana only did that to him the once, while he was a child, it wasn't every night. But yes, it is a daft plot point. I think they could have removed that and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

Last edited by Rai; 07-10-19 at 21:44.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-19, 21:49   #125
Persefone
Historian

Classic Lara's design helped shape our perception of style imo, she wasn't that stylish, it was just the 90's.
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 05:21   #126
NYCL@R@
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persefone View Post
Classic Lara's design helped shape our perception of style imo, she wasn't that stylish, it was just the 90's.
Thick arched brows, reddish brown lipstick. Loved it.
Old 13-10-19, 03:49   #127
Lyle Croft
Professor

and 90s (and other "retro" styles) are all the rage nowadays.

The early 00s spin Crystal Dynamics did, didn't really age as well though (those low rise shorts Eeek! You could practically see Lara's tomb!)
Old 13-10-19, 05:55   #128
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post

The fact that Ana was able to sneak into his room each night and stab holes in his hand and make him believe he had stigmata is so incredibly hilarious to me. What a "plot twist" that was.
What if she has druged her own brother to make this ?
Old 13-10-19, 06:36   #129
XXIIXX
Hobbyist

I think the real issue is the colouring and not the outfits themselves. She always wears something that's almost entirely greyish or brownish or greenish. The original Lara did that too, particularly in AoD, Legend and Underworld but she usually also had her midriff, boobs and legs out which made it look less monotonous I guess, but Legend and Underworld Lara also had many canon wardrobe changes so it felt even less dull.

I think that the issue stems from Reboot games being set in the same place for 99% of the game. Her outfit has to be practical since she's now a more realistic character and she obviously doesn't bring a suitcase with her so she usually can't have any canon wardrobe changes.

Maybe if they ditched the open world thing?

I think globetrotting was one of the earlier Tomb Raider games' biggest selling points for me. I loved how she was high up on the mountains and then in a rainforest then in a city and so on.

Maybe if that aspect of Tomb Raider was reinstated Lara's fashion sense would be diversified.

I like open world games but nowadays it seems like EVERYTHING is open world and that's so unecessary.