Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 14-10-19, 16:52   #19441
AkyV

Okay, but don't repeat this question only for this somewhere else. (But the next time, please.)

So if it is mortal, then it has:
- a dying animation,
- with a Die AnimCommand, and
- with Customize= CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-19, 17:00   #19442
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Okay, but don't repeat this question only for this somewhere else. (But the next time, please.)

So if it is mortal, then it has:
- a dying animation,
- with a Die AnimCommand, and
- with Customize= CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION.
Thanks, so I'll have to figure out how to set all this. It's fine for a death animation, but the rest ehhh I'll see how to implement it. ("Die" AnimCommand is in that 010101 panel in WadMerger, right?)
Thank you a lot, I hope it will also show some blood but it's not strictly needed
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-19, 17:06   #19443
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
("Die" AnimCommand is in that 010101 panel in WadMerger, right?)
Yes.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-19, 00:46   #19444
Boobandie

nvm.

Last edited by Boobandie; 15-10-19 at 09:31.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-19, 02:06   #19445
HaniHeger

Default Lara jumps causing earthquakes.

Hey,so

When I trigger an specific rollingball in my level(to be exact 3 rollingballs that fell at the same time, triggered in the same place) they roll and fell deep down the room and ok.
So,after it, everytime Lara jumps a little earthquake happens,juts like the ones that happends when the rollingballs falls etc... Any ideia in how to fix this?
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 15:33   #19446
dinne

// sort of solved, nevermind

Last edited by dinne; 16-10-19 at 21:18.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 00:20   #19447
Stryke

I'm almost done with my level but it is too big with box sectors now at 2048. I'm trying to split the level so the box sectors can decrease. I read the leveljump tutorial here but Lara is just going back to the original position. I understand the placement of LSP mesh and thr triggers but she doesn't jump to the other section. Would I have to make another level in scripts? The tutorial doesn't say I have too. Any help?

And I would like a still jpeg picture as my title screen. I only see an option for a flyby camera. Any pointers on this as well? Thank you. =)
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 01:41   #19448
Mulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Would I have to make another level in scripts? The tutorial doesn't say I have too.
Yes. Yes, you do need an entry in the script for the second level. If the tutorial doesn't explicitly say so, then because it takes it for granted. How else would the engine know that there's supposed to be a second level?
The two levels can have the same name if you want to stress that they belong together, so in that case you don't need to change the english.txt. But you do need two level files (mylevel1.tr4 and mylevel2.tr4, or whatever you choose to name them) that the script can refer to in the Level=DATA\ line.

Regarding your other question, the old-school way is to cut up the picture, copy the parts into the title's .TGA as regular texture tiles, then texture one wall of a room with them and point a flyby camera at it. (Probably needs two cameras at the same coordinates, and some or other code bits activated.) I'm fairly sure there's a more convenient way to do it in TRNG, but I can't give any details at the moment, having never worried about this before. Either way, I'd advise you to use a .PNG or .BMP source image rather than a low-quality .JPG (it values data compression over quality, hence its popularity on the internet since the days of the 56 kB modem).

Last edited by Mulf; 17-10-19 at 01:43.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 01:56   #19449
Stryke

OMG Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to give this all a try later tonight after work. Thank you again!!!
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 02:23   #19450
Mulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
When I trigger an specific rollingball in my level(to be exact 3 rollingballs that fell at the same time, triggered in the same place) they roll and fell deep down the room and ok.
So,after it, everytime Lara jumps a little earthquake happens,juts like the ones that happends when the rollingballs falls etc... Any ideia in how to fix this?
This is an interesting bug in the sense that I've never heard about any such thing happening before. That is probably neither help nor consolation, though.
My first suspicion is that the project is corrupted, as I can see no relation between rollingballs and earthquakes produced by any action of Lara's which would have to be triggered by an anim command.
I think we need a bit more context. Do you use TRNG? TREP? Is scripting involved? What is the provenance of the wad (standard wad or compiled from various sources?) What are the differences between the last project where the bug didn't occur and the one where it does?

@Stryke: You're welcome.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote