www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 11-05-22, 16:46   #11
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
The game is technically not abandonware, as Square Enix had the rights to it (until recently - now it's probably also Embracer's property).
Several members of Crystal / Square have promised to…
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
It's a good job none of us have downloaded and enjoyed this great little gem then.

Hopefully someone will one day greenlight it because I'd get it on day one.
Well, the game is easily there for you to download. It’s your personal choice whether you download it or not.

The way I see it, is that 20 years of few to zero sales, is enough for me to consider it abandoned and there be nothing wrong with downloading it from an archive.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 04:46   #12
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Well, the game is easily there for you to download. It’s your personal choice whether you download it or not.

The way I see it, is that 20 years of few to zero sales, is enough for me to consider it abandoned and there be nothing wrong with downloading it from an archive.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure SE did not really care about that game in the slightest way - I guess if GOG or Steam had decided to simply add the expansion to the base game in their library, they'd not have intervened. But then the blame would have been on them, had SE changed their mind.

But I agree - it's everyone's own choice if they want to download it - all I'm saying is that on a purely legal standpoint it's probably not ok to do so - if anyone actually cares is a completely different matter.

For me it's not about being able to play the game - because I have - all I want is for people to finally have the possibility to get this gem without having to think about legality.