Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 31-07-19, 15:47   #1
Red Master FFX
Unverified

Red face 3D model for printing?

Hello!

Does anybody have a 3D model of Lara from TR Legend? Because I want to use the model for 3D printing and create a figure.
Any figures will be useful. I will choose between all.

Thanks in advance ^^
Red Master FFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 17:35   #2
Cochrane
Golden

Take a look at the whole XNALara community (they have a section here on TRF as well). There you can find models, but in a format particular to them. You can then pose these models in that tool (or download pre-made poses), and export the result in a number of formats. I have no idea how well any of this works for 3D printing, to be honest; I suspect there will be some work required to make all meshes fully connected, and anything with transparency (especially hair) will be interesting. But that is the best place to start that I can think of.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 07:04   #3
X-calibur

You can download some free models at thingiverse, take a look if there is a Legend Lara in here? These are ready to import into your slicer software.

I made a little print a while ago (not Legend Lara), and I am currently working on a 30cm statue.

You can try to use XNA to export to a mesh file, and import into your slicer software. Then you could first put your model in any pose you want, that would be cool!

Last edited by X-calibur; 04-08-19 at 09:34. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images. - OK, I uploaded image through allowed image hosting site (list allowed sites FAQ)
X-calibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-19, 12:04   #4
Red Master FFX
Unverified

Thanks, guys but the models from XNALara are direct 3D objects from the game and cannot be 3D printed. Also, the models from Thingiverse are not so polished and they have too many edges and imperfections.

I need a detailed 3D model of Legend Lara with a format .obj.
If there is someone who can develop me and send me such file with her I will appreciate it Thanks!
Old 05-08-19, 12:32   #5
X-calibur

I think the XNA models will NOT have enough detail for printing, as they have textures and colors to make them look realistic on your screen.
When printing, there is only the 3D model without these effects.

What size do you want to print?

Last edited by X-calibur; 05-08-19 at 12:34.
Old 05-08-19, 17:29   #6
Red Master FFX
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-calibur View Post
I think the XNA models will NOT have enough detail for printing, as they have textures and colors to make them look realistic on your screen.
When printing, there is only the 3D model without these effects.

What size do you want to print?
You are right. About the size... maybe 24 centimeters.
Old 05-08-19, 19:08   #7
X-calibur

I took a file from thingiverse (i guess it's Underworld Lara), and split the model into smaller parts to be able to print without too many supports and because it was too big for my 150x150x200mm printer. Currently i am glueing everything together and sanding down the edges after using some filler. The model will be 30cm and I am quite happy with the details (face, fingers, ...)

Last edited by X-calibur; 05-08-19 at 19:30.
Old 06-08-19, 13:06   #8
Red Master FFX
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-calibur View Post
I took a file from thingiverse (i guess it's Underworld Lara), and split the model into smaller parts to be able to print without too many supports and because it was too big for my 150x150x200mm printer. Currently i am glueing everything together and sanding down the edges after using some filler. The model will be 30cm and I am quite happy with the details (face, fingers, ...)
Sounds amazing dude! Which model did you took?
And so... you will make a great Lara figure I guess :P