www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Technical Support

Old 24-09-22, 15:02   #1
laragate
Hobbyist

Default Problems playing TR 1-5 on PS3

I just set up my PS3. I downloaded TR3 and TR1 from the PS3 store. TR1 main screen comes on and I can use the D-Pad to cycle through the main screen, but the X button does not work to select anything. TR3 I can start the game, and when the India level loads, Lara is in a crouch position. I can crawl and shoot, but she will not stand. If I try to quit the game and then cancel, I come back tot he India level and she is standing but I cannot move and the controller will not work.

I tried my TR 1-5 discs and TR 1 and TR2 both load a new game, but then the screen goes black. TR3-5 all will start but Lara is in the crouch position again. (Almost comical at this point)

I tried a Parasite Eve game disc which played, I saved it but when I came back nothing. I can press continue on main screen but when I go to load a saved game buttons don't work on the controller.

I downloaded a Parasite Eve 2 from the PS3 store which plays fine, and I can scroll just fine through all the menus on the the main PS3 hub.

Any ideas? And I am sorry for the long post. I am using a third party controller right now, NYKO, waiting for my Sony one to come in the mail, but I cannot think this would cause these glitches. This is a super slim PS3.
laragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-22, 04:58   #2
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

I've never heard of such issues for players playing the classics via PS3, disk or digital download. Are you certain it may not be an issue with the controller? It just almost seems like (for example) the L2 Button is constantly being pressed making Lara crouch and not be able to stand up etc
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 00:00   #3
laragate
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I've never heard of such issues for players playing the classics via PS3, disk or digital download. Are you certain it may not be an issue with the controller? It just almost seems like (for example) the L2 Button is constantly being pressed making Lara crouch and not be able to stand up etc
It indeed was the controller. I bought an OEM one and just got it the other day. All games working fine now.
laragate is offline   Reply With Quote