www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tutorials and Resources

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-20, 19:02   #1
Feder
Historian

Arrow How to make Pierre killable (TR1)

Hello fellow builders, as the main title says, this is a tutotial on how to make Pierre finally die and quit escaping Lara

If you ever want to build a TR1 level that involves Pierre, you should know the default behaviour of him is to vanish in thin air after several shots (for this, he has to get out of view behind some wall). But if you want to be able to finally kill him in a grand level finale, all you need to do is check the only once box on Pierre's trigger. Yes, it's simple as that.

I could be applied in any level as far as I know, BUT keep in mind that the items he drops are hardcoded and cannot be altered:

-A gold key
-Magnums
-A piece of the scion

So those sprites need to be in the level or else it may appear some random sprite and it will look weird. You could try to find some use of those items in order to maintain coherence on the level and things will go perfectly

Hope this could be useful for anyone!
Old 28-05-20, 19:29   #2
AkyV

Hello, Feder!
May I suggest also posting it in our tutorial section? (With the proper Dxtre3d tag in the title.)
Old 28-05-20, 19:46   #3
Joey79100
Professor

Can I just nitpick and suggest to not use a Dxtre3d tag though? It's engine specific, not editor specific. Imagine if TE ever supports the TR1 engine, or if other tutorials are created for TR2/3 but with Dxtre3d tag, then people might miss those tutorials thinking it's not useful for them.
Old 29-05-20, 00:17   #4
Feder
Historian

Sure, I can post it on the tutorial section as well In fact, I think it would be even better to move this thread into that section, because I agree with Joey, it's not Dxtre3d specific so it can be applied to any editor that supports TR1 (I didn't realize that ). Let's leave the title as it is, with the (TR1) specification so builders can apply it in any level editor they wish.
Closed Thread