Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-06-19, 10:18   #11
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
but it looks like CD only know how to make one type of game with cutscenes, QTE's, and set pieces being the main focus.
They made ROTTR though which you rank right below the classics in terms of gameplay well , unless you flipped on that as well .

Anyway , the leaked gameplay do look so overly scripted , but it could be the beginning of the game (and CD have a habit of spoiling the scripted openings of their games) . I'm not an Avengers fan to begin with but I'll watch out for the game , just out of curiosity to see what can CD do outside the suffocating confines of TR , I have yet to try their prestigious Legacy of Kain as well (probably soon) .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 11:18   #12
Heisenberg

Boycott this literal ****. CD is dead to me. So sad to see them KILL another franchise like they did TR.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 11:32   #13
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Boycott this literal ****.
Sure . Any other orders ?
Old 15-06-19, 12:01   #14
Ceamonks890

Quote:
Boycott this literal ****. CD is dead to me. So sad to see them KILL another franchise like they did TR.
Pretty sure the Avengers have been going strong for 50+ years now, long before video games were ever a thing(Endgame is the second biggest movie success in history for goodness sake behind James Cameron's Avatar at number one).

So quit acting like such an overdramatic little baby and act your age. A big company like Marvel can afford to take a potential flop with all the money they've gotten off the MCU alone, without entitled individuals like yourself supporting it financially.

And if something doesn't appeal to you, skip it and try something else more attuned to your tastes. That's my personal mantra

I don't even care for modern AAA games much anymore. But I feel this needs to be said when people fail to see the bigger picture of how businesses are run
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 12:54   #15
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Sure . Any other orders ?
Order? Be my guest and waste your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
Pretty sure the Avengers have been going strong for 50+ years now, long before video games were ever a thing(Endgame is the second biggest movie success in history for goodness sake behind James Cameron's Avatar at number one).

So quit acting like such an overdramatic little baby and act your age. A big company like Marvel can afford to take a potential flop with all the money they've gotten off the MCU alone, without entitled individuals like yourself supporting it financially.

And if something doesn't appeal to you, skip it and try something else more attuned to your tastes. That's my personal mantra

I don't even care for modern AAA games much anymore. But I feel this needs to be said when people fail to see the bigger picture of how businesses are run
It's my opinion and it's a forum. You may not like what I said but you too are welcome to skip my opinion to what appeals to you. That's my mantra.
Old 15-06-19, 13:12   #16
Patrick star

Quote:
Order? Be my guest and waste your money.
I still haven't made my mind on whether I should or shouldn't buy the game , I only said I'll keep an eye on it . However , if I bought it and ended up enjoying it , I'll be forever grateful that I didn't pay any attention to someone having a hyperbolic meltdown and screaming for people to boycott CD's/EM's products , just because CD is "dead to him" .
Old 15-06-19, 13:39   #17
Love2Raid

Game looks great to me, looking forward to it.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 14:49   #18
Amunet

Like I said on some other thread, overall I felt a little underwhelmed by the Avengers' presentation.

The character design — which seems to be the top complain online — is indeed very uninspired. While I get they couldn't use the MCU actors' likeness for the game (and I don't think they had to), the fact they chose to stick so close to the MCU in everything else (the roster, the costumes, etc) really makes it seem like their stunt doubles or something. I also can't get over the fact how bland they look! They actually managed to make them unattractive! And their heads look way too small for their bodies. So yeah, I don't like it.

Gameplay-wise, I still need to see more. What they showed seemed very on rails and not really to my liking, but then again, CD's games usually start up in very linear segments and then open up a bit, so yeah, I need to see more.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 15:10   #19
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I still haven't made my mind on whether I should or shouldn't buy the game , I only said I'll keep an eye on it . However , if I bought it and ended up enjoying it , I'll be forever grateful that I didn't pay any attention to someone having a hyperbolic meltdown and screaming for people to boycott CD's/EM's products , just because CD is "dead to him" .
What if you don't enjoy it and I was right? I ain't screaming or having a meltdown. Last Good thing CD did is Legacy of Kain and TR Legend for me. Rise came close and is my reboot favorite. Again, I reiterate, this is a forum and it's my opinion.
Old 15-06-19, 15:24   #20
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
What if you don't enjoy it and I was right? I ain't screaming or having a meltdown. Last Good thing CD did is Legacy of Kain and TR Legend for me. Rise came close and is my reboot favorite. Again, I reiterate, this is a forum and it's my opinion.
Why so black and white? One might not enjoy Avengers (I have a hunch I won’t), but that doesn’t mean they’re going to hate it with every fiber of their being like you do towards some reboot things or towards the developers.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote