Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 03-09-18, 10:59   #1221
AndrewNi

Did those commenters cancel their pledges? Perhaps the comments were removed as they are no longer backers.
AndrewNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 11:16   #1222
DanV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNi View Post
Did those commenters cancel their pledges? Perhaps the comments were removed as they are no longer backers.
Yes, I cancelled my pledge and I think that's the reason why my comment was hide.
DanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 11:21   #1223
Alex Fly
Inactive

Part 2 of the update is now available: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2278817
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 12:17   #1224
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Part 2 of the update is now available: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2278817
Feels like they could've explained a lot of this a long time ago and possibly put many people's minds at ease. I personally am not too bothered by the delays but I can't help but feel that just having one or two updates filling people in on them doing these things when they were doing them would've made it easier for those who are. (Though, to be fair, I don't know whether they explained any of this to people asking on Twitter since I'm never on there.)
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 16:05   #1225
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Feels like they could've explained a lot of this a long time ago and possibly put many people's minds at ease. I personally am not too bothered by the delays but I can't help but feel that just having one or two updates filling people in on them doing these things when they were doing them would've made it easier for those who are. (Though, to be fair, I don't know whether they explained any of this to people asking on Twitter since I'm never on there.)
Seconded.

This reminds me of my fathers behavior. He lets things bother him, he won’t tell anyone he’s stressed out, he’ll act like it’s all great, then he’ll get all upset and crazy all at once bc he’s bottled everything in needs a moment to vent . Every time it happens I have to ask him “Why didn’t you just say something was wrong or bothering you before you exploded?” and he still hasn’t learned his lesson. He kinda expects people to read his mind, and this is sort of how I feel this project has gone.

But also, I’ve had realistic expectations since the beginning. This wasn’t going to be a project that’s wham bam done in a matter of months. Just bc it’s an album doesn’t mean it’s just ‘get a band together, record music, polish recordings, mass print them, ship them, success!’... there’s all sorts of legal stuff behind the scenes nobody ever thinks about, not to mention having to deal with Squeenix. Nathan probably has to give them updates and ask for permission about tons of things from them first since they’re the ones who technically own the music he’s remastering.

Regardless, I’m happy to wait till everything is fine. I’m sorry to hear Nathan is so stressed out over this and to see how much money he’s sunk into the project. If there’s anything to be learned I’d say that Peter should be consistent with updates so people won’t worry and freak out that he stole their money or he’s not committed to the Kickstarter or that he’s rude when fans nag him on when the album is being released.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 18:16   #1226
BigR4444
Golden

*sigh*

I just read the Email Nathan sent out... quite aggressive... If I could sum it up in one sentence, it would be; "If you want your money back for this kickstarter, FINE; Ill give it to you, no problem... I dont NEED you"...

Kind of strange to be quite honest... its to be expected when you delay something so many times... especially when you finally settle on August 1st... and then August first comes and goes and nothing happens...

Personally, I dont want my money back... I wanna hear the music.

Hell, Im willing to throw in a few more bucks if that helps this thing move faster...

Like many have said... you've had the music now done and recorded for a long time...

GET THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OUT
You could have avoided a lot of this if you would have just got the music to people... thats what we really want.
The hard copies, the T-shirts, composer reception buffets; all of this should have taken a back seat to the music... because thats what this whole thing was all about.. thats what people really want.

That could have happened a long time ago and it hasnt... thats why people are upset.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 18:22   #1227
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
I just read the Email Nathan sent out... quite aggressive... If I could sum it up in one sentence, it would be; "If you want your money back for this kickstarter, FINE; Ill give it to you, no problem... I dont NEED you"...
I didn't get this impression BigR4444. Is this what you are referring to?

The post seems reasonable to me and I appreciate Nathan explaining the process and its complications. The fact he is offering refunds (which I suspect he will fund himself) is another example of him trying to do right by folk.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 18:50   #1228
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
I didn't get this impression BigR4444. Is this what you are referring to?

The post seems reasonable to me and I appreciate Nathan explaining the process and its complications. The fact he is offering refunds (which I suspect he will fund himself) is another example of him trying to do right by folk.
Yea thats the one...

Dont get me wrong, Im still on board. I didnt see whatever posts were deleted so I dont know the context of what went on... but I did read this part..

is therefore rather disheartening when I receive negative criticism (to the point of trolling) about what we are doing to release the album and why it keeps getting delayed. For those who continue to complain, I have no problem whatsoever in refunding them. There is a big difference between being a backer and being a supporter. Trolls are not supporters of our efforts, and we don’t need them.

As a consequence, I have my finger poised over the refund button for anyone that is unsupportive of what we are trying to do and the work and money we have personally put into this project to bring this historic album to you.

Came across as a bit complain-y to me...

I know how people on the internet can get, and Im not "on thier side", but cmon, enough is enough... get the music out there already.

Back a few months ago, he said something along the lines of being able to get the music to us if he wanted, but it "wouldnt be fair to the people who paid extra for the composer reception buffets"...
ok... fair enough, but thats long done now; and were a month past the August 1st release date, and no music... and you're surprised that people are reacting negatively?

Take it on the chin, be bigger than all the internet trolls, and get the content out there.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 18:56   #1229
Megalith

I have waited decades to finally have a proper CD version of some of my favourite video game compositions of all time so i don't mind waiting a bit more. And i appreciate how open and sincere Nathan is.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 19:31   #1230
LCTRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
Like many have said... you've had the music now done and recorded for a long time...

GET THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OUT
You could have avoided a lot of this if you would have just got the music to people... thats what we really want.
The hard copies, the T-shirts, composer reception buffets; all of this should have taken a back seat to the music... because thats what this whole thing was all about.. thats what people really want.

That could have happened a long time ago and it hasnt... thats why people are upset.
Thank you so much! I couldn't care less about those buffets and concerts, honestly.
LCTRF is online now   Reply With Quote