Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-10-20, 14:49   #1
Tombraider95

Lightbulb One Room Challenge - 2020/2021

Objective

Builders in the competition are to make a TRLE level consisting of only ONE room. There are however some expansion options that will be allowed for some variety and to loosen the chains on how restricted one room can be!

Theme

There is no set theme to the competition otherwise it's difficult to make each level unique. Each builder can choose their own theme, texture set and WAD to use.

Level Rules

- ONE level per entrant.
- TRNG/TREP/FLEP/Plugins/TombEditor or DXtre3d are allowed. Tomb Editor is recommended. You can still participate with ngle.exe but you won't be able to increase the room sizes or benefit from the extra features.
- Meta2TR/Blender is allowed.
- Any level including more than the allowed rooms will not count.
- DXtre3d builders are allowed an extra Scenery room to match the TRLE room size.

Tomb Editor Advancements/Changes

Hopefully everyone will be using Tomb Editor. This will allow us to increase the size of the main room for the challenge and will also benefit from the new features TE brings, such as, diagonal walls, more assets/triggers, room effects, more lighting etc...

The Main Gameplay, Scenery & Water room can be increased to a size of 25x25. To do this select a new room and use the "crop" option and raise the width and length 7 each to get to 25. See here

Building Rules and Expansions

The building rules are as follows:

- One main room where the gameplay will take place. (25x25)
- One scenery room for decoration only (up to 25x25)
- One water room of any size (up to 25x25) which CAN include game play. You can substitute this for a quicksand room if you desire, but not both.
- One room outside the level for triggers/special setups.
- One Flipmap in the Main, Water & Scenery Rooms. One Change, but can be across these rooms.
- Cutscenes are allowed as long as it's part of your main rooms or the setup room. So no extra cutscenes rooms or cutscene levels allowed.

Dates

I think if we aim for early next year, that will give builders 3/4 months to build. That should be enough time to build your levels. The end date can be flexible to make sure people have enough time to finish. For now, let's aim for the end of February.

Building starts whenever you want.

How To Submit

You'll need to send me your levels packaged in a zip file all ready to be uploaded to trle.net. You'll also need to include a screenshot of the list of levels rooms, named appropriately (Main Room, Scenery Room, Water Room, Setup Room...) so I can make sure the rules have been followed correctly.

How To Vote

TBC

How To Enter

If you would like to enter post in this thread stating your chosen theme. I will then add you to the list of participants.

Participants

Here is the list of participants who will be involved in the challenge:

Wolf 7 - Space
Pedro - Cambodia
BlackWolftr- Egypt
Reggie- Aztec/Futuristic/Ocean/Medieval
LCEF (CA)- Asia
Topixtor- TBC
Ligufaca- TBC
NOMERCY2014- Jungle/South Pacific/Dinosaur Lab/Facility
DJ Full- Base/Lab
not again!- Caribbean
TombExplorer- TBC
matrix54- TBC
THOR2010- Middle Eastern
LoreRaider- TBC
Mrshina- Ghana
TR-Freak- TR1 Greece
Niveus- Amber Room
Baslakor- Ireland
piano_raider- TR2 Hideout
DroneSpencer- Greek / 40 fathoms
BengRaider- Thailand
Kubsy- Lost Library
Zolee- Winter
TheTiger - TBA
tombraiderxii - TRA Greece
Vandit - Khmer

Last edited by Tombraider95; 08-03-21 at 08:38.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 14:58   #2
Wolf 7

Okay :3 So lemme see if I got it good: there can be a flipped version of the main, water and decoration room at the same time or either only one of them?
I have already an idea for this, and - unless I change genre - it is gonna be space, good luck with building y'all :3
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 15:12   #3
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
Okay :3 So lemme see if I got it good: there can be a flipped version of the main, water and decoration room at the same time or either only one of them?
I confuse myself with this.

So ONE change, but it can be across the 3 rooms. For example when I flipped my main room for my previous entry, I also flipped the scenery room to get rid of the lighting crack between the rooms. So that was across 2 rooms but was one change.

But I would say you can't just flipmap your water room at the start to become a 2nd dry room for gameplay. That would be pushing it wouldn't it? I think it's almost case by case basis. It's hard to define the boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
I have already an idea for this, and - unless I change genre - it is gonna be space, good luck with building y'all :3
Fab!
Old 25-10-20, 15:15   #4
PedroTheGamer

Lightbulb

Nice one! I will join again

class: NG Cambodia

textures:Cambodia + one modifyed by me

Last edited by PedroTheGamer; 25-10-20 at 16:53.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 15:55   #5
Sabatu

I am IN
Tomb Editor -Tr1 Engine
Theme: Greece

Last edited by Sabatu; 25-10-20 at 18:24.
Sabatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 16:14   #6
Delca

Hi!
Good luck to everyone.

Theme: Louvre Galleries (AoD)

Delca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 16:32   #7
Caesum

I understand that since TREP is allowed, FLEP is allowed as well? How about TRNG plugins? And if plugins are allowed, is it possible to have one extra room for Ring Menu lighting?

Oh and I'd like to join as well. Theme: Forest, TRAOD
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 16:38   #8
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I understand that since TREP is allowed, FLEP is allowed as well? How about TRNG plugins? And if plugins are allowed, is it possible to have one extra room for Ring Menu lighting?

Oh and I'd like to join as well. Theme: Forest, TRAOD
Yes to TREP/FLEP/Plugins.

Good question about the inventory lighting. Could that not be done in the setup room?
Old 25-10-20, 16:47   #9
_TombExplorer_

I wish I could join! If I will finish my Siberian Expedition in time, I will join, probably with a Nevada level
_TombExplorer_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 16:53   #10
PedroTheGamer

Question

Quote:
The Main Gameplay, Scenery & Water room can be increased to a size of 25x25. To do this select a new room and use the "crop" option and raise the width and length 7 each to get to 25
I can did it only one time? ,awesome expasion trought
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote