Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 19-07-15, 19:30   #21
LaraSpears

That is amazing!

I love new programs that helps modders make the best of the game, and I'm really looking forward to what the modders can make from this, and especially with all of the new information you intergated.

Thanks for making such a fascinating program!
LaraSpears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 19:59   #22
Gh0stBlade

I'd like to contribute but I'm not a fan of having to alter two files, or convert for that matter.

Regards.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 20:05   #23
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I'd like to contribute but I'm not a fan of having to alter two files, or convert for that matter.

Regards.
Just edit the .asc file yourself and hope someone else will do the converting, like I do.

Yeah, I know, it's not very nice of me to do that, and I'll maybe set up the converter workflow later… but it does seem to work well. Is there maybe some web service where we can test changes to the .asc file locally? In that case, with the automatic display set up by stohrendorf, we could just get rid of the generated file altogether.

Edit to add: I looked at a few web services, but all that I found apparently consider this file too big.

Last edited by Cochrane; 19-07-15 at 20:33.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 03:32   #24
Lwmte

I think we should ask Steffen to arrange a "sandbox" for asciidoc in the same manner as he did for "official" version now!

Latest news: finishing FloorData section now. Have to re-write trigger functions and TR3+ slants description, but you already can look how detailed and clear it is now, compared to old version!
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 05:26   #25
stohrendorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
I think we should ask Steffen to arrange a "sandbox" for asciidoc in the same manner as he did for "official" version now!
Unfortunately no, as I have only a basic hosting package, so I'm on a shared server with limited capacity and without administrative rights.
stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 23:26   #26
godmodder

Quote:
(In the document): Separator and Filler value (0xCD) is very common in TR5 format, presumably it’s a programmer’s joke abbreviating studio’s name (Core Design = CD).
LOL, I don't think so. Historically, the 0xcdcdcdcd bit pattern indicates that this memory has been initialised by the memory allocator (malloc() or new) but has not been initialised by the user software (object constructor or local code).

I suspect some of these fields were allocated as reserved fields for future use or spacing in the file format, but the developers never cared to properly fill them up with an initialiser value.

There are a lot of other patterns that are/were used to debug more effectively.
godmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-15, 23:47   #27
Lwmte

Thanks for the information!

I really thought it's some kind of "insider" joke, in the same manner as "Buffer sh**tage - go tell Chris" or "do_quickysorty"

I will remove this nonsense in the next update.

By the way, I have enriched the document with some illustrations in places where I had difficulties with understanding the setup. And also we now have fancy icon for the project!
Old 21-07-15, 14:50   #28
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Thanks for the information!

I really thought it's some kind of "insider" joke, in the same manner as "Buffer sh**tage - go tell Chris" or "do_quickysorty"

I will remove this nonsense in the next update.

By the way, I have enriched the document with some illustrations in places where I had difficulties with understanding the setup. And also we now have fancy icon for the project!
You're doing a great job Lwmte!

I hope the formatting issues are solved at the bottom of the page. I'm interested in fixing some incorrect or missing information with the TOMBPC.dat scripts.

Cheers.
Old 21-07-15, 15:20   #29
Lwmte

Yes I haven't reached bottom sections of the document yet. This section definetly needs serious rewriting, as it seems it was done in a big rush (all the descriptions are in the form of source code comments).

Currently I'm done with mesh geometry section (although I'll review it later), and beginning to edit animations section.

Also I'm not familiar with TOMBPC.DAT structure, so I hope somebody will help me on fixing this chapter (and also adding info about SCRIPT.DAT/ENGLISH.DAT for TR4/5).
Old 21-07-15, 15:25   #30
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Yes I haven't reached bottom sections of the document yet. This section definetly needs serious rewriting, as it seems it was done in a big rush (all the descriptions are in the form of source code comments).

Currently I'm done with mesh geometry section (although I'll review it later), and beginning to edit animations section.

Also I'm not familiar with TOMBPC.DAT structure, so I hope somebody will help me on fixing this chapter (and also adding info about SCRIPT.DAT/ENGLISH.DAT for TR4/5).
I will do it, also I suggest maybe it's better to use enums for instances such as the light types and some flags.