Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 01-12-18, 22:15   #11
Anatoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman11 View Post
You can change UV map of a mesh. Remember put this mesh in selection before exporting otherwise changes will not be exported. My exporter only export one UV channel.
Hello! Help me. The problem is this: Blender gives an error when exporting a blender model to PC format TR 2013.
What am I doing wrong?

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ARCHIMED\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\BIender\2.76\scripts\addons
\io_TR9 mod_tool_vO_4.py". line 2218, in execute exported = do_export(self, context, props, 
filepath, bSmoothOverlapVertex)

File "C:\Users\ARCHIMED\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons
\io_TR9_mod_tool_vO_4.py", line 1087, in do export f = open(filepath,'rb')
FileNotFoundError: |Errno 2) No such file or directory: 'E\\A_new_Lara\\Work\\BIenderwork\\Lara_.3ds.mesh'
Anatoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 23:01   #12
VictorXD

If someone could help it'd be nice. The last few weeks I was trying to use this method and I have been able to replace textures. but not the model. Apparently Aman (the tools maker) had the same problem as me, that one of the tools targets the wrong file, so when extracting a DRM the mesh files aren't present. I managed to extract it from the right source, but importing is not working.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 20:33   #13
dinne

Hello, sorry for bringing up this thread again.
I was trying to mod TR2013, I manually classified all the folders and groups of textures related to the tank top, but I'm having problems with 2 of them.

While all the other textures are injected again in the patch with no problem, ready to be used in game, 2 textures make the cmd crash at some point.
It's not fault of the modified files because it does the same even if I use the original unpacked image...

These textures are, concerning the tank top:
- Her base color texture, number 319, found in "cine_v1_lara"
- Her shirt totally full of blood, number 433, found in "lara_fullblood".

All the others get injected successfully.
More precisely, the cmd crashes when it's trying to decompress sections in order.

I know I can't solve it by myself but if by miracle Gh0stblade reads this maybe he can fix, or suggest a workaround. I'm using the last tools from the links provided in this thread.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 22:54   #14
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
Hello, sorry for bringing up this thread again.
I was trying to mod TR2013, I manually classified all the folders and groups of textures related to the tank top, but I'm having problems with 2 of them.

While all the other textures are injected again in the patch with no problem, ready to be used in game, 2 textures make the cmd crash at some point.
It's not fault of the modified files because it does the same even if I use the original unpacked image...

These textures are, concerning the tank top:
- Her base color texture, number 319, found in "cine_v1_lara"
- Her shirt totally full of blood, number 433, found in "lara_fullblood".

All the others get injected successfully.
More precisely, the cmd crashes when it's trying to decompress sections in order.

I know I can't solve it by myself but if by miracle Gh0stblade reads this maybe he can fix, or suggest a workaround. I'm using the last tools from the links provided in this thread.
cine_v1_lara might be present in title.000.tiger, this crash sounds awfully similar to the one we kept getting when injecting cine_v1_lara into the patch files for The Definitive Edition PC project. It's basically a glitch in the injection tools unfortunately.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-20, 12:07   #15
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
cine_v1_lara might be present in title.000.tiger, this crash sounds awfully similar to the one we kept getting when injecting cine_v1_lara into the patch files for The Definitive Edition PC project. It's basically a glitch in the injection tools unfortunately.

Cheers.
Oh you're here, thanks!
Well that means some parts can't be modded because the tank top texture in cine_v1_lara is used at least in the first part of the game (I was testing it where she sees the sun the first time, outside the cave, I don't know in which other areas is used).
Does it affect only textures? If so, I may try with TexMod for that... I didn't try it yet. But other textures in cine_v1_lara were injected successfully.
Actually I wanted to slightly change also the geometry, like in this tutorial. I hope the glitch won't affect 3D models too that refer to the same part of the game...

Last edited by dinne; 15-01-20 at 13:18.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 12:53   #16
Dmitry

Hi could some help me about info what a get a wrong, i'll try to replace v3_lara_aviatrix with jacket from TRL (Nepal) but i get this error:

Code:
  File "D:\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\io_TR9_mod_tool_v0_4.py", line 2218, in execute
    exported = do_export(self, context, props, filepath, bSmoothOverlapVertex)
  File "D:\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\io_TR9_mod_tool_v0_4.py", line 1915, in do_export
    newVertBuff[pos:pos+4]=pack("hh",int(GroupUVArray[i][j][c].x*2048),int((GroupUVArray[i][j][c].y)*2048))
struct.error: short format requires SHRT_MIN <= number <= SHRT_MAX
I've try made replace with steph(from this topic) and this is OK, no errrors no problems, UV names are same, ive made transfer and bone parenting to jacket.
How to solve this problem, i understand right i have to many vertex, and need split it to many parts as same as original?

EDIT: OK, i workaround it, UV misplaced too far from center, i think it's a bug from xps importer, but another bug, rope flying upper Lara's head, some have idea?

Last edited by Dmitry; 09-08-20 at 14:04.
Dmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 00:17   #17
aman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post

Cheers.
There is a texture extraction bug. The tool extract texture from title.000 instead of from bigfile.000 ,that broke cine_v1_lara texture injection. I posted a fix for that.

Last edited by aman11; 29-08-20 at 09:05.
aman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 12:24   #18
ger4

Hi,

I'm trying to unpack the latest steam version of the game, but when I use the unpacker, most of the files are missing/not extracted.

Does anyone have any advice on the issue?

Many thanks,
ger4
ger4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-21, 20:11   #19
dormopoles

I know this thread is dead and I doubt anyone will see this, but I am sort of at my wit's end. I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to use this method, and have been able to successfully alter lara's model in the benchmark movie, as well as in the "Extras" collectible models.

However, the replacements do not show up during actual gameplay, no matter what I do. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is or what to do about it.

I have tried this with all 5 versions of lara, as well as the laracroft_clean.drm. I've even tried rolling back my version of the game to the initial release version (from way back in early 2013), but no dice.

In the off chance anyone sees this, does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by dormopoles; 24-12-21 at 20:18.
dormopoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-21, 20:17   #20
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormopoles View Post
I know this thread is dead and I doubt anyone will see this, but I am sort of at my wit's end. I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to use this method, and have been able to successfully alter lara's model in the benchmark movie, as well as in the "Extras" collectible models.

However, the replacements do not show up during actual gameplay, no matter what I do. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is or what to do about it.

I have tried this with all 5 versions of lara, as well as the laracroft_clean.drm. I've even tried rolling back my version of the game to the initial release version (from way back in early 2013), but no dice.

In the off chance anyone sees this, does anyone have any advice?
The models Lara uses during gameplay are:

v1_lara_cine.drm = for the very first cutscene where Lara is about to drown in the sea and then reaches the island

v2_lara_cine.drm = for the entire gameplay section inside the cave, until the part where Lara takes Sam's backpack

v2_lara.drm = since Lara takes Sam's backpack, until a point that I am not sure which one is

what I usually do in my mods is to mod Lara's Aviatrix outfit with my custom model instead of replacing the rest of the default outfit, because it's separated in too many drms and it's too much of a bore

v4_lara.drm
v4_lara_cine.drm
v5_lara.drm
v5_lara_cine.drm

while with the Aviatrix outfit you would only need to mod:

v3_lara_aviatrix.drm
v3_lara_aviatrix_cine.drm
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote