Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-12-21, 18:40   #2051
Caesum

What do you mean by animated?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 17:53   #2052
Jathom95

Just an interesting little tidbit for everyone.

With hand to hand, everyone's aware of that kick combo that Lara can do, right? The one that happens at random, seemingly? I figured out yesterday that it's in fact not random, there's an actual sequence to being able to pull it off consistently.

Specifically, it's Punch, Kick, Kick.

But note that you have to land the second kick fairly quickly to pull it off. Like half a second difference. Basically press Kick again almost immediately after doing the first.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 05:24   #2053
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Just an interesting little tidbit for everyone.

With hand to hand, everyone's aware of that kick combo that Lara can do, right? The one that happens at random, seemingly? I figured out yesterday that it's in fact not random, there's an actual sequence to being able to pull it off consistently.

Specifically, it's Punch, Kick, Kick.

But note that you have to land the second kick fairly quickly to pull it off. Like half a second difference. Basically press Kick again almost immediately after doing the first.
I may be a noob when it comes to this but how do you really differentiate between wanting to give a kick or a punch? Isn't it always just the action button? I usually just mash CTRL without thinking about it and she seems to punch and kick at random.

Also, saw this and thought of all my fellow AOD junkies. This is particularly how I feel with the PC patch that lets us enjoy the credits.

.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 05:32   #2054
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I may be a noob when it comes to this but how do you really differentiate between wanting to give a kick or a punch? Isn't it always just the action button? I usually just mash CTRL without thinking about it and she seems to punch and kick at random.

Also, saw this and thought of all my fellow AOD junkies. This is particularly how I feel with the PC patch that lets us enjoy the credits.
It's not really ever made clear in retail. The new text (if enabled) in Reborn's mod for the punching bag actually teaches how to do everything now. Basically (and I'm going by mouse controls here because it's what I use), you lightly tap the left side (which is mapped to Action by default) to punch, and a firm press to kick. You tap twice in quick succession to do a double punch. It makes more sense once you try it out yourself and know that's the case, though they can still be a bit wonky. The "tapping" is a bit easier to grasp if you just use the tip of your finger when you want her to punch lol.

----------

I've sat through the credits ever since Nakamichi made that option available to us, everytime I finish the game now. Every single time. It's equal parts respect for this game, and for the guys at Core.

Last edited by Jathom95; 08-12-21 at 13:27.
Old 08-12-21, 09:42   #2055
dg1995

Is streets of Prague the most unfinished level in this game ?(It was called monstrum crime scene I think)

It was supposed to be the 2nd city area but you only have 1 npc to talk to.(Luddick)

And the crime scene doesn't really look like a crime scene.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 13:20   #2056
Jathom95

So? Prague just wasn't designed to be a hub area anyway like Parisian Ghetto was. That would've dragged the pacing along too much by the time we get there.

I don't know what else it would really need to look like a crime scene either. There's the police tape around Vasiley's place (the exterior), plus the hole in the wall in the sewers where Eckhardt broke in, and the blood symbol on the wall that appears for every victim killed by him.
Old 10-12-21, 15:20   #2057
_Seth

Between us lot as AoD fans, I can't help but have noticed over the years that the people who appreciate AoD seem to be of higher intellect than those that dislike it. Maybe we have a more nuanced approach to life and perspective and can see the finer things within the details. Compared to AoD bashers, we're basically Aristotelian.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 15:54   #2058
TR-Freak
Unverified

Maybe you should visit a mental institution?
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 16:00   #2059
Mani_Man

I assume Seth is either high or drunk...either way, not a good time to post.
But its an excuse for what a bonkers post this is.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 16:12   #2060
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
I assume Seth is either high or drunk...either way, not a good time to post.
But its an excuse for what a bonkers post this is.
Oh sit down you creepy stalker, it's just a bit of fun.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote