Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-05-22, 13:37   #4471
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
Lara's Legend outfit is bottom tier for me, the Underworld outfit is far better.
Agreed.

I like the Legend outfit and at the time it was extremely refreshing but Underworld's outfit has definitely aged better, some parts of the outfit seem to be back for Unified Lara, even after all this time it still holds up.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 13:45   #4472
_Seth

Nah the cleavage on the Underworld outfit was just ridiculous, and I liked the sleeves on the Legend outfit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I think the Legend outfit looks better when the top and the shorts aren't the same colour. Like this:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/k3j3K7Wl.png[IMG]
Fanart by Konrad Majewski
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 13:50   #4473
xdesperado_

The all-blue & Union Jack versions are nice, but I just didn’t like the top design overall.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 14:40   #4474
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I think the Legend outfit looks better when the top and the shorts aren't the same colour. Like this:

Fanart by Konrad Majewski
Legend is kind of a trademark look by now so it doesn't really bother me, but I remember always feeling annoyed about the top and the bottom being different shades of brown and the top having this weird irregular cut at its lower part. I like the sleeves and the undershirt though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Agreed.

I like the Legend outfit and at the time it was extremely refreshing but Underworld's outfit has definitely aged better, some parts of the outfit seem to be back for Unified Lara, even after all this time it still holds up.
I agree with this. Initially the two-tone browns also bothered me, and the boots are extremely ugly, but the rest of the outfit has a very sleak and practical design that makes it stand out.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 15:55   #4475
ostercy

Unpopular opinion;

They dumped the dual pistols for a bow and arrow to try and make Lara look more feminine.
ostercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 16:13   #4476
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
I remember always feeling annoyed about the top and the bottom being different shades of brown
Except the top and shorts are the same shade.

With Karima's outfit they weren't the same shade. The shorts were darker, which I think looked way better.

_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 16:23   #4477
.snake.

Ugh... looking at these Legend-era pictures reminds me of how we all thought it was SO KEWL OMG when Lara had her gear strapped to her body externally... the binoculars, the grapple, the PLS. And now it's culminated in the Survivor era with her virtually weighed down by all sorts of crap hanging from every appendage she has.

Unpopular opinion: bring back a Lara who has nothing but thigh holsters and a backpack strapped to her.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 16:49   #4478
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostercy View Post
Unpopular opinion;

They dumped the dual pistols for a bow and arrow to try and make Lara look more feminine.
These days a bunch of female characters in movies and games are given primitive weapons like bows apparently its supposed to evoke #GIRLBOSS energy or some ****. I think its just stupid.

Look how annoying it just looks. They need to get rid of the bow entirely or at least no longer make it a trademark weapon so fan films and official films make Lara use it. It just does not look right.

Last edited by lance6439; 22-05-22 at 16:52.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 17:09   #4479
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Except the top and shorts are the same shade.

With Karima's outfit they weren't the same shade. The shorts were darker, which I think looked way better.

The in-game outfit also has darker shorts, just not as evident. It's most clearly visible whenever she's wet.
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-22, 17:17   #4480
.snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Srsly just the thumbnail for this video... Lara isn't even recognizable. No normie/non-gamer would ever know that's Lara Croft.

Indiana Jones is recognizable due to his iconic hat and whip. Even Nathan Drake, the youngest icon of the bunch, is recognizable.

But no one knows who the crazy bag lady with the awful mullet on the right is.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote