www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 18-10-22, 22:37   #91
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I think I will check out that channel, thanks. I have deliberately not bothered to educate myself on this too much because I didn't want to spoil myself for it, but also I didn't want to know stuff and then be really disappointed if they changed it.

But after seeing the entire 1st season, I think I may as well learn a bit more about what's going on.
Old 18-10-22, 22:51   #92
.snake.
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I still want to know who the son's father is though. He's got to be someone... interesting.
I sadly think there will be nothing interesting to this at all.

It's the same like how you pointed out earlier that there is no real structure or system to the town/village that Bronwyn suddenly becomes the defacto 'leader' of.

Where is the mayor? Who is in charge? First Bronwyn isn't taken seriously when she reported the destruction of that other village, then she suddenly becomes the leader when she shows the orc head.

Who is she? She seems to just be the village herbalist/healer, but not the leader. The father of her son probably died or she had him out of wedlock. And the relationship with the elf is also vague and unestablished.

So yeah, I think it all comes down to the writers not really thinking much about anything or weaving a believable world, and instead just throwing in random characters that don't have tangible backstories.

I think the boy just found the blade by accident, rather than his father being someone special that caused him to be drawn to the blade and steal it. Then again Bronwyn did say to the elf she is from that destroyed village where everyone served Morgoth.

The more I type about this, the more I realize what a mess it all is. I think they hoped no one would notice because Tolkien is confusing enough to most people.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-22, 23:29   #93
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

You see with Bronwyn, I would have expected peope to say, no, I don't care if you put an orc head on the counter, you're just the healer fgs. What do you know about anything? But then they all went to that tower and nobody took any food, so obviously none of them are that bright.

I'm sorry but it was just ridiculous. I didn't buy any of it, even the rousing Bronwyn speech. It just didn't work for me. And yet that entire story arc - the Southlands becoming Mordor could have been amazing if done right.

But anyway... they should definitely make something out of the father. It's how storytelling works. They've casually shown a small mystery that doesn't seem mega-important in the scheme of things, but could and should over time reveal itself to be really important.

Especially if Bronwyn's from the evil village. I think the son has to be drawn to the dark-side that has to be some part of this story, he found that blade for a reason.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 18-10-22 at 23:30.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote