Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 04-04-13, 16:59   #61
Titak

Okay...
I've followed the instructions on the first page and put the game in DirectX9 compatibility mode through Regedit.
It now has value 9, just like in the screenshot in the first post.

I've also followed the above posted instructions on how to use TexMod.

However, when I hit the "run" button I get a message that the game has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.
No real problem there since I always get that message and then I can simply hit the "play" button on the game's startup screen and the game loads just fine.
However, I'm not getting any textures in the upper left corner.
So it loosk like this message is somehow preventing me the play the game directly from its "run" button. So I'm guessing the program is not running while I load my game by pressing that "play" button...

I tested on my TRU Demo to check if I am using TexMod correctly and it works then.

Any ideas?

I'm really interested in textures from the game which I could some day perhaps use in my custom levels.
Right now I'm trying to get the textures from the desks and green chairs in Mountain Base. And some of the control panel textures and rusty metals and such from that same level.
And the barrel textures in Mountain Temple!
And the stalagtite/stalagmite/rocks textures from Mountain Village, and...

Last edited by Titak; 05-04-13 at 16:04.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 22:14   #62
CrimsonThrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
However, when I hit the "run" button I get a message that the game has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.
No real problem there since I always get that message and then I can simply hit the "play" button on the game's startup screen and the game loads just fine.
So it looks like this message is somehow preventing me the play the game directly from its "run" button. So I'm guessing the program is not running while I load my game by pressing that "play" button...
That has happened to me before, I'm just trying to remember how i solved it. I'll send you a message the instant i do.
CrimsonThrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 08:52   #63
p3n3

Hi guys. Anyone can make a mod without lara or transparent lara? I need take some photos without lara in screen. I love the landscape in this game. Thanks.

Edit: I tried removing textures, but Lara's model continue appears without textures xD. I need remove the model.
I think the models are in ".tiger" files but I don't know how to open

Last edited by p3n3; 05-04-13 at 09:59.
p3n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 16:06   #64
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonThrall View Post
That has happened to me before, I'm just trying to remember how i solved it. I'll send you a message the instant i do.
That would be great! Thanks!

I'm running the game on a Vista 32 bits computer and the graphics card is a GeForce 460GTX (DirectX11), if that helps any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3n3 View Post
Hi guys. Anyone can make a mod without lara or transparent lara? I need take some photos without lara in screen. I love the landscape in this game. Thanks.
Same here!
I've had numerous occasions where I ordered Lara to get out of the way so I could take a picture of the landscape but ofcourse she wouldn't budge!

Last edited by Titak; 05-04-13 at 16:08.
Old 05-04-13, 17:48   #65
AgentXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Okay...
I've followed the instructions on the first page and put the game in DirectX9 compatibility mode through Regedit.
It now has value 9, just like in the screenshot in the first post.

I've also followed the above posted instructions on how to use TexMod.

So it loosk like this message is somehow preventing me the play the game directly from its "run" button. So I'm guessing the program is not running while I load my game by pressing that "play" button...

I tested on my TRU Demo to check if I am using TexMod correctly and it works then.

Any ideas?

I'm really interested in textures from the game which I could some day perhaps use in my custom levels.
Right now I'm trying to get the textures from the desks and green chairs in Mountain Base. And some of the control panel textures and rusty metals and such from that same level.
And the barrel textures in Mountain Temple!
And the stalagtite/stalagmite/rocks textures from Mountain Village, and...
Same here...when I try to run texmod it just crashes, even after following the instructions

(I'm still running WindowsXP btw )
AgentXP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 18:54   #66
Titak

If you are running XP, you could also give 3DRipper a try if you set the game to DirectX9 compatibility.
That's what I used when ripping textures from the other TR games.

Itr does nto work for me though. I keep getting the message that Steam needs to run. While it is running...
Old 05-04-13, 18:56   #67
AdenClements
Inactive

I'm trying to retexture Lara with her 'Innocent' outfit, however I'm not getting the green (I've used it before in Underworld), any help?
AdenClements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 11:10   #68
snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekiller View Post
THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!

If images on these forums don't work for you, You can also see the screenshots of the blue-black hair mods here on my blog: http://kylebrittain.tumblr.com/post/...m-in-love-with

They're pretty grand.
Along side my original hair and eye mods, I have created an animal eyes mod because lets face it: the things Lara does aren't human. Here are some picture:
http://imgur.com/a/f9T58#0
And here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5uaik81xpf3ce9h
My original hair and eye Mods can be found on the second page of this thread.
Enjoy.

Last edited by snipe; 06-04-13 at 21:52.
snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 20:02   #69
CrimsonThrall

I'm still trying to work out all the crash problems, Considering i'm Win7, I'll try help as much as i can.
CrimsonThrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 02:36   #70
LukeRaider

I'm having some issues as well. Set Tomb Raider to use DX9, confirmed that it really was using DX9, tried switching exclusive fullscreen on and off, but no dice. I don't have crashing issues, I just don't get any response from Texmod at all. I even tried the open source version, Umod, and got the same results: nothing at all.

I am using the Steam version of the game though, does that have anything to do with it?

A fix would be greatly appreciated--I have made numerous mods with Texmod and older TR games before. Getting into TR 2013 would be loads of fun, if only Texmod would do something.
LukeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote