Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 15-05-21, 02:04   #18341
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Please no more mention of Paititi and hopefully it never makes it to the movie universe. When I hear Obsidian it makes me think of Lara delving really deep underground for her next adventure. I hope Misha creates a story that's more of its own thing rather than relying too much on the games. Maybe we might see Lara searching for an ancient gem or crystal?
Tomb Raider Gameboy Color the movie
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 02:23   #18342
JuditePrince12

More like Lara Croft GO the movie
There was actually a chapter called The Cave of Fire where Lara entered a volcano and she collects obsidian pieces as collectables. There's also a section of that level that takes place in a crystal cavern. The seeking of a gem theory is starting to seem more plausible
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 03:19   #18343
SoraSakai
Inactive

Love the title .

I’m hoping it’s a hybrid of TR1&Shadow. Mixing Natla/Amanda and replacing Paititi with the dangerous and exciting world of the first Tomb Raider game. All culminating in a volcanic final action sequence.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 15-05-21 at 09:04.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 11:09   #18344
Grizzly Bear

Somehow I'm happy they're probably skipping Syberia and have the movie set in South America, I'm ready for the jungle!

Besides, I don't remeber, did Roar write the script for the first movie or did other people write it for him?

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 15-05-21 at 11:13.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 11:56   #18345
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Somehow I'm happy they're probably skipping Syberia and have the movie set in South America, I'm ready for the jungle!

Besides, I don't remeber, did Roar write the script for the first movie or did other people write it for him?
Roar didn't write the first movie it's from a story by Evan Dauguerty with a script by Geneva Robertson Dworet (who was first in a more lighter tone) then changed by Alicia's demand to something more serious by Alistair Siddons.
Old 15-05-21, 12:26   #18346
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Love the title .

I’m hoping it’s a hybrid of TR1&Shadow. Mixing Natla/Amanda and replacing Paititi with the dangerous and exciting world of the first Tomb Raider game. All culminating in a volcanic final action sequence.
That would be great. I don't want to over think things but Lara investigating a volcano would be amazing. Maybe the story could be a Mayan apocalypse story and if she doesn't get an artefact in time a volcano will destroy a hidden civilization or something.

I hope they stray from the game at this point and do their own thing I'm also really curious if they'll keep Ana or write her out at the start of the movie maybe beginning with her getting sniped and then to an original story. Either that or she's been missing for five years and Lara is tracking her down.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 12:27   #18347
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Please no more mention of Paititi and hopefully it never makes it to the movie universe. When I hear Obsidian it makes me think of Lara delving really deep underground for her next adventure. I hope Misha creates a story that's more of its own thing rather than relying too much on the games. Maybe we might see Lara searching for an ancient gem or crystal?
Same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Why would you be against the story having something to do with obsidian? If this title gets approved, I'd say there's a chance there's a connection. If the script is approved but not the title, there is still a possibility of a connection to the gem in some form.
Aztec culture reminded me of Paititi for some reason. I hope they stick to Rise’s lore mostly.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 12:32   #18348
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Same.

Aztec culture reminded me of Paititi for some reason. I hope they stick to Rise’s lore mostly.
Oh yeah great another Game of Thronish inspired movie how original
Old 15-05-21, 13:02   #18349
SoraSakai
Inactive

Why we all hating on each other’s ideas lol wheres the optimism and love <3
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 13:16   #18350
Tonyrobinson

The potential storyline and discussion we are getting out of this title alone is amazing. I'm on the hype train it's just such a shame that production is so far away.

The title sounds so mysterious and supernatural I hope its reflected in the movie.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote