www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-10-19, 18:32   #1041
tomee
Tomb Raider

I don't know about y'all, but I'm kind of turned off by the klassic skins after all. They botched them so much. From the front it's kind of okay, but the back is just all wrong. The butt especially is so... either give her the high cut or give her a lower cut and make the butt bigger instead. It literally resembles a diaper as is. And don't even get me started on how unfaithful this is to the original. What's with the random high heels for example?

She looks like a raw rotisserie chicken, I swear.

Old 18-10-19, 00:48   #1042
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
What's with the random high heels for example?
I imagine the heels were put there for consistency with all her other costumes because of that fatal blow animation, nevermind her base skeleton just doesn't look like it was made with heels in mind...

Also, the MKII female ninja costume in X had heels as well.

Last edited by Kirishima; 18-10-19 at 00:51.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 03:33   #1043
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Now why they couldn’t give Jade her purple staff in game but they have it purple in her witch costume lol.
Old 18-10-19, 09:05   #1044
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Now why they couldn’t give Jade her purple staff in game but they have it purple in her witch costume lol.
Right?? Someone in tym forums mentioned Jade was finally going to get a purple staff. I didn't know this is what they meant lol
Old 18-10-19, 09:09   #1045
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I imagine the heels were put there for consistency with all her other costumes because of that fatal blow animation, nevermind her base skeleton just doesn't look like it was made with heels in mind...

Also, the MKII female ninja costume in X had heels as well.
I highly doubt much if any adjustments would be needed other than the mesh of the character. The animations would practically be the same, but with a flattened sole instead. MKX did get it wrong too, but at least they weren't stiletto heels and besides this, that model was almost perfect. It's kind of funny that in a weird way it is MK9 that gave us the most accurate klassic female ninjas.

Old 18-10-19, 10:25   #1046
johnanonymouz
Professor

the mk11 version of the mk2 skins is actually much closer to the original mk2 sprites than mkx. mkx made them sexier and more revealing than what they were in mk2. even mk11 shows a bit more ass than mk2 and it looks far from a diaper. i agree about the back though, i wish it was covered.

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 18-10-19 at 10:26.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 13:20   #1047
tomee
Tomb Raider

I mean, you be the judge, but I think both MK9 and MKX stayed pretty faithful to the original design.

I don't know, that outfit from the back is just... I know it's ridiculous, but literally all I can see is a raw chicken. It's an unflattering cut like Miley's booty shorts from her blurred lines performance at the VMA. I hope it is just the flat lightning in XPS and it will look much better in game.
Old 18-10-19, 16:47   #1048
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

I honestly agree, her entire body and the fit of the outfit is so... unflattering... I hope it looks better in game, but she just looks so.. lumpy. I don't mind the liberties taken with the back, it being open is nice, but like you said, it does look a bit like raw chicken.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 18-10-19 at 17:29.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-19, 22:06   #1049
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
The animations would practically be the same, but with a flattened sole instead.
They would end up having to adjust the animation, however. If they adjusted only the mesh, the fans would clip through the heels from the first part of the attack animation.

dropbox image link test of animation in question:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbcnw7jrlr...FatalBlowb.PNG

Please excuse the pixelated desaturated D'vorah blood, but I'm not exactly too sure of this forums policy of violence against evil bug women.

Any better way of embedding dropbox images here?

Last edited by Kirishima; 19-10-19 at 05:04. Reason: added image hopefully
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-19, 04:11   #1050
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I don't get why they added the open back. I don't mind it, that part of the outfit looks fine, but it's random especially given it goes against the "No UnReAlIsTiC bIkInIs" mantra they were so resolute on before.

The heels are just some foolishness. They're NOT even consistent with her other models, so it makes no sense. In the other models she's actually wearing a heel, like it's a kinda high stiletto that looks very respectable. This is those silly mockable kitten heels they've also put Jade in for every skin in MK11, which I hate (seriously with heels, go big or go home, you have zero reason to be 0.7 inches off the floor).

I wish her hair had a little more volume and length, just a little.

As far as her body... the reason it doesn't look the same is because this Kitana really does have a very different body type. Kitana was always a THICC girl, tall and amazonian as well, she filled these outfits to capacity. While I think this Kitana still has a gorgeous body, it is so much more petite and slim, she doesn't really have such pronounced curves, so it's not giving the same effect this outfit had on older versions of her. Jade's will probably look a little better, because MK11 Jade is still a curvy girl with that exaggerated hourglass shape.

Anyway with some tweaking it'll be fine I guess. I don't hate it, I'm just pointing out what I'd change or what I find weird.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 19-10-19 at 04:26.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote