www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 22-06-16, 18:10   #1991
TeslaRus
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I don't think so. What TeslaRus proposes is basically the default model for which both Git in general and Github in particular were built and optimized, and I think it's an approach that works really well.
+ It works normally at my work;
Updated TODO:
https://github.com/opentomb/OpenTomb...master/TODO.md
Please, fix section about GIT merge request, I do not know how to correctly describe that section; +some elements must be in other document;
I add LUA to extern (in feature branch), but I have two ideas about SDLImage adding, and both are bad; In plan: add make file or sh script for build extern to the static libs and use in project libraries as a libraries, not part of project (pro and contra please!);
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-16, 19:09   #1992
vvsgh
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaRus View Post
+ It works normally at my work;
Yes, it works, but only in a homogenous environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaRus View Post
I have two ideas about SDLImage adding, and both are bad; In plan: add make file or sh script for build extern to the static libs and use in project libraries as a libraries, not part of project (pro and contra please!);
It won't work for different OSes and build environments. We had a big headache with ad-hoc libraries in the past. It could build in one setup, but not in another. There are tons of complicated things with managing dependencies on different OSes. We need advanced package management for that, otherwise it will only work with TDM-GCC.

Last edited by vvsgh; 22-06-16 at 19:12.
vvsgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-16, 19:57   #1993
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Hi!

It looks like someone approved the request to allow Slack to access OpenTomb's Github repository. However, it requires further setup. Is it possible for one of the repo Admins (TeslaRus, Lwmte, VObject or richardba)to do this? If you're unsure please come on slack.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 11:41   #1994
vvsgh
Student

Status update. Testing shows that there are multiple regressions caused by old or missing code. So, we can include back porting of the following in TODO list:
  • Lua scripts
  • OpenGL and GLSL shaders
  • Audio and WAD player

Last edited by vvsgh; 23-06-16 at 11:42.
Old 23-06-16, 13:46   #1995
Nickotte
Historian

Does anyone know what's the proper manner to change settings in the C::B project or other tracked files other than source, that wouldn't mess everything up for everyone else in case of a pull request? I need to personalize some paramenters, but if I don't track the changes the repo is gonna ignore them for everyone
Say I change the working dir of the debugger, I wouldn't want to PR that or anything similar.
Nickotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 14:39   #1996
vvsgh
Student

I never push my workspace to published branches - it's too risky. Besides messing up the code for everyone else there is a risk to leak some private information. Use local branches for work and then pick only those things that you approve for publishing.
Old 23-06-16, 15:36   #1997
Nickotte
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvsgh View Post
I never push my workspace to published branches - it's too risky. Besides messing up the code for everyone else there is a risk to leak some private information. Use local branches for work and then pick only those things that you approve for publishing.
Well, as soon as I push a public feature branch it's gonna push all the edits that it's build upon. How do I prevent them from being tracked without changing someone else's .gitignore? Do I just not stage them and keep them forever in my tracker?

Last edited by Nickotte; 23-06-16 at 15:49.
Old 23-06-16, 16:40   #1998
vvsgh
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickotte View Post
Do I just not stage them and keep them forever in my tracker?
That's one of a possible solutions. Or you can commit it in your local branch and rebase it on master every time it's changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
C99 would have been great. It's actually closer to C89
Turned out that technically it's C99. Look at this saga

Last edited by vvsgh; 23-06-16 at 16:43.
Old 23-06-16, 16:52   #1999
TeslaRus
Student

About resolutions, update: You want to fix autobuild, You can push it without my resolution (CMakeLists.txt, .travis.yml and other autobuild script), but I suggest something like Vvs make fix, Stohrendorf check it, and Stohrendorf make fix, Vvs check it, a.t.c.

About MSW build: for better compatibility, I will build in MSW under cygwin environment, so no more platform-depended build in libs; I will use static version of all libs (except SDL) + linker flag -static (only cygwin1.dll requires);

Last edited by TeslaRus; 23-06-16 at 16:53. Reason: fix words
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 17:09   #2000
Nickotte
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvsgh View Post
...rebase it on master every time it's changed.
Could you please elaborate as to what this means?