www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 26-08-19, 19:19   #671
sasho648
Historian

Ludicrous thing to say considering the thread below is using them.
It should work with most controllers out of the box - in case it isn't - I've made a video tut how to make it to work. However as I've mentioned multiple times in the past currently the recommended way is to play with mouse and keyboard.

You can get the files following this tutorial. Or there are a bunch of links scattered through the steam community. In said archive there are 2 folders one is named 2014 - tank controls and the other 2019 - camera relative.
Old 26-08-19, 19:21   #672
Joey79100
Professor

Someone had also made an experimental patch that allowed full mouse control of the camera. It didn't change the controls (I mean, maybe but not more than sasho's patches, I don't remember), so Lara still moved relatively to her own direction, but it was nice. I can't find it anymore though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
a new 360 degree turn
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 19:24   #673
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 27-08-19 at 19:02.
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 19:39   #674
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
Hello sasho. Since you're here, I would like to ask some questions:

Do you have the files for the Actor Edit mod? If yes, could you please reupload the mod here? Unfortunately it seems like it is lost forever.

And...i tried to use your character tool mod. I switched Kurtis' character with Lara's in Kurtis levels. I converted .CLZ files to .GMX to make it work with your tool, then I converted it again to .CLZ but when I reach Kurtis' levels the game just crashes. Is there a fix for this?
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 20:50   #675
sasho648
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Hello sasho. Since you're here, I would like to ask some questions:

Do you have the files for the Actor Edit mod? If yes, could you please reupload the mod here? Unfortunately it seems like it is lost forever.

And...i tried to use your character tool mod. I switched Kurtis' character with Lara's in Kurtis levels. I converted .CLZ files to .GMX to make it work with your tool, then I converted it again to .CLZ but when I reach Kurtis' levels the game just crashes. Is there a fix for this?
What does the game crashes with? In any case to be on the safe side - just use the tool to switch character without modifying any files inside the archive which I think is possible - but if not just extract the RMX file from the output of my program (using ungmxtool) - then use that file as thumb to replace it in the original file - and also add the missing characters/animations. You can compile this with a tool I made and available somewhere here in the forums where someone asked for it.
Old 06-09-19, 13:40   #676
LuckyEdge10

The Character Tool is just confusing. The readme file doesn't explain nothing on how the tool should be used.

Do I need Kurtis' and Lara's .chr files in the CHAR folder in the DATA folder? Do I need to convert the GMX files in CLZ files again? What do I need to change exactly in the tool? Where do I need to place the GMX files?

I'm sorry but these questions should be answered in the tool's readme. It would make the tool way easier to use, Sasho. For now I didn't have any results with this tool, just crashes.

This is the error that appears when I try to play a level where I switched Kurtis' animations and character with Lara's with the Character Tool:

Build Sep 17 2003 15:53:15

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'actor->aoObject->hierachy' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_charnode.c(616)

Last edited by LuckyEdge10; 06-09-19 at 14:56.
Old 07-09-19, 13:52   #677
sasho648
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
The Character Tool is just confusing. The readme file doesn't explain nothing on how the tool should be used.

Do I need Kurtis' and Lara's .chr files in the CHAR folder in the DATA folder? Do I need to convert the GMX files in CLZ files again? What do I need to change exactly in the tool? Where do I need to place the GMX files?

I'm sorry but these questions should be answered in the tool's readme. It would make the tool way easier to use, Sasho. For now I didn't have any results with this tool, just crashes.

This is the error that appears when I try to play a level where I switched Kurtis' animations and character with Lara's with the Character Tool:

Build Sep 17 2003 15:53:15

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'actor->aoObject->hierachy' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_charnode.c(616)
Seems like it's missing the animation file :/ - I already explained how to circumvent this issue above.

You do what I described before - extract the content of the GMX file using unGmxTool by nakamichi680 then copy inside the kurtis animation file and character file - then pack it again with my packer. But you may want to extract the archive before modifying it with my tool and copy over only the modified RMX file (and the animation files plus the characters).

Something like that should prob work. If you want you can PM me - so we can arrange a meeting using TV or something similar to do it for you.

Last edited by sasho648; 07-09-19 at 14:00.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 16:10   #678
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
Seems like it's missing the animation file :/ - I already explained how to circumvent this issue above.

You do what I described before - extract the content of the GMX file using unGmxTool by nakamichi680 then copy inside the kurtis animation file and character file - then pack it again with my packer. But you may want to extract the archive before modifying it with my tool and copy over only the modified RMX file (and the animation files plus the characters).

Something like that should prob work. If you want you can PM me - so we can arrange a meeting using TV or something similar to do it for you.
I always used the Texture Editor to extract .CHR files because I don't know how to use Naka's unGMX tool. Dragging and dropping the .GMX file into the .EXE doesn't do nothing. Nothing happens.

EDIT: I succeded to extract files from .GMX files with Nakamichi's tool, finally. Now I'll try what you said.

Last edited by LuckyEdge10; 07-09-19 at 16:14.
Old 19-09-19, 19:56   #679
Samz
Relic Hunter

So does anyone know anything about extracting/replacing weapon textures?

Would it be possible to replace the low-qualtiy textures of weapons equipped by Lara with the higher quality ones in the inventory? (Its not too bad with most guns but its really noticeble with the Mag Vega, even on PS2 the weapon is an obviously blury mess.)

I've never actually texture modded AOD so I have no idea where to start.

Last edited by Samz; 19-09-19 at 20:39.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 07:17   #680
TRJTA
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
So does anyone know anything about extracting/replacing weapon textures?

Would it be possible to replace the low-qualtiy textures of weapons equipped by Lara with the higher quality ones in the inventory? (Its not too bad with most guns but its really noticeble with the Mag Vega, even on PS2 the weapon is an obviously blury mess.)

I've never actually texture modded AOD so I have no idea where to start.
If this texture problem is really a thing it's definitely something I can incorporate in my Graphics Patch!

In the winter I want to pick up development of the Graphics Patch again. But at the same time I'm waiting for some technical developments to make modding easier and to add more options to fix things.

Last edited by TRJTA; 21-09-19 at 07:18.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote