www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-09-19, 20:59   #11
rewak
Professor

Well in The Matrix Online which was set after Revolutions two things came to light. First, the machines refused to give up Neo and Trinity's bodies and also had strict orders not to recycle them. Second, Neo and Trinity's residual self image code still existed in The Matrix system. The focus shifted a bit more on Trinity and who/what she was in the grand scheme of things towards the end of the games life and it was interesting. She was a program created by the machines as a biological interface device with humans, so she was machine/program/human, hence Trinity. Remember Neo was also created to balance an anomaly within The Matrix, so then coming together was predetermined. It was a good way to go about it, so I have faith they can do it, it just depends on whether they reuse that idea or make something else entirely.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 22:28   #12
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I suspect that they might go a slightly different route with explaining why Neo and Trinity are back. Would Smith also be back, since his purpose was originally supposed to be Neo's opposite, the 'result of the equation trying to balance itself out'? And would this also mean that the peace between humans and machines would be ended?
Old 14-09-19, 12:07   #13
DragonSlayer
Professor

I read somewhere that they want to recast Morpheus, they want some guy called Michael Jordan who I keep confusing with the basketball player of the same name to take over from Laurence Fishburne.

Bad idea there is only one Morpheus and that's Laurence Fishburne.

Recast other parts if you like but leave Neo, Trinity and Morpheus to be played by their original actors.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 18:04   #14
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Morpheus is iconic, he cannot be replaced anymore, if he is replaced there will be a backlash mark my words.

This man is so iconic that if you just type "Morpheus" on google search the results will all be about Laurence Fishborn's Morpheus character and the meme's it has spawned.
Old 20-09-19, 06:29   #15
Ikas90
Globetrotter

My worry is that this could potentially ruin the Matrix trilogy. The ending to Revolutions was perfect. While it's not easy to keep up, and a lot of things were left to interpretation, this is what makes a good film if done correctly.
Old 20-09-19, 08:36   #16
Admles

Hopefully, this will be good enough to wipe out the memories of the terrible second and third movies.
Old 20-09-19, 12:16   #17
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Hopefully, this will be good enough to wipe out the memories of the terrible second and third movies.
While I agree that the second and third movies weren't perfect there were some good scenes like Neo Vs hundreds of Smith's, Neo bringing Trinity back from the dead, the entire freeway scene and the destruction of Morpheus's ship, seeing her get destroyed was like losing the Enterprise-D all over again.

The only part I didn't like in the second movie was the gibberish the Merovingian was saying to this day I still don't have a clue what he was talking about, I always skip his part whenever I watch Reloaded.

You can say whatever you like about the third movie my three favourite scenes from the third movie the entire fight for Zion, Captain Mifune's last words neither did I on never having passed the training program, the kid telling Zion the war is over and Niobe saying wherever you are Neo thank you and Morpheus looking up at the retreating sentinels.

Even now after all these years Captain Mifune's death still makes me

Assuming that they rebuilt their APU's after the war ended I hope they modified them to include a cover to protect the pilot from being badly injured by the sentinels should the machines turn against them again.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote