www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-09-19, 22:14   #61
Cat Woman
Explorer

Just saw IT 2. My friend didn’t really like it and thought it dragged a bit. I thought it was good but not really scary Maybe because I saw the first film. More suspenseful in parts. Some of the “bloody” scenes seemed to drag on and some scenes seemed stupid. Watch for the cameo of Stephen King - good part. Overall I liked both movies. I thought all the actors were good in their respective parts.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 11-09-19 at 22:18.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 22:20   #62
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Just saw IT 2. My friend didn’t really like it and thought it dragged a bit. I thought it was good but not really scary Maybe because I saw the first film. More suspenseful in parts. Some of the “bloody” scenes seemed to drag on and some scenes seemed stupid. Watch for the cameo of Stephen King - good part. Overall I liked both movies. I thought all the actors were good in their respective parts.
I'm thinking that, while 'more scary' was initially promised (as was a role for Maturin) they deliberately ended up going for the more suspensful route and I'm thankful they did - though the movie still has quite a bit of vivid imagery that I think they were afraid of trying to pull off in Chapter 1 (such as the scene showing Pennywise actually eating a freshly-killed victim).

I can guess what you thought might be 'stupid' - probably the actual Ritual of Chud and the final fight, but in context, I think it works.
Old 14-09-19, 15:39   #63
Cat Woman
Explorer

I actually cannot remember the ‘kind of stupid’ area(s), but I remember commenting in the movie. Could have been in some of the gory areas, either going too far and/or the CGI effect, etc.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 14-09-19 at 15:42.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 18:48   #64
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Watched the film a few hours back, didn't find it scary at all, but man did I laugh way too much throughout the entire thing.
Good lord, it was really fun to watch and I can't wait to re-watch it eventually with more friends.