www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 16-09-19, 18:19   #1481
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Yes!! Forget about you when you felt harassed. I was just being way too silly. Let's leave that out in the trash. And I'm obviously WAY FAR BETTER THAN A TERRIBLE DERANGED SOCIOPATH WITH MORE THAN 1 REDEEMING QUALITY to the point that I believe that you'll owe me anything relating into that. So don't worry about that. I'm very HARMLESS relating into that. And I don't think it's a great idea for you to talk to me about this over here because I really do recommend that we should talk about that in private. I already have all the details for me to trust to talk to you anything in private relating into this because NO ONE IN HERE REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT WHATEVER MY OWN BUSINESS IS just trust me.
Ok
I don't want to talk to you in private. You posted that on Youtube in public therefore I am allowed to say that.
I will not engage in any conversation with you further.
Old 17-09-19, 03:03   #1482
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

For your own sake TRExpertgamer I suggest you calm down.
Old 17-09-19, 03:37   #1483
Boobandie
Professor

It would appear the mods have handled it, so back to Angel of Darkness.

Did the flyby at the start of Tomb of Ancients seem clumsy to anyone? The camera speeds and slows so strangely, it almost feels like two different flybys stuck together.

Actually come to think of it... isn't that the only TR4/5 style flyby in the game? (Purely showcasing an area, not a mini-cutscene showing a new development)

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:37.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 03:41   #1484
TR-Freak
Professor

I always thought that the flyby looks way too hasty.
It should have been slower and the camera shouldnt move in this weird zig-zag path at the beginning
Old 17-09-19, 03:58   #1485
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I thought I was the only one who thought that looked weird, but I could never quite put my finger on what was strange to me about it.

There are a couple more flybys like showing in the Bio Dome showing us the guards' keycards and I think one at the start of Kurtis' level, but I'm not sure I'm not mistaking it for his farsee ability.
Old 17-09-19, 04:07   #1486
Boobandie
Professor

Perhaps some camera rotations and values are bugged in the ToA one. The cutscene where Kurtis ambushes Lara has a weird flipped rotation in it that's been fixed with modding. Might be worth a look for someone with the technical knowledge.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:37.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 06:13   #1487
Joey79100
Professor

It looks fine to me. Sure it's different, but I definitely don't think it's a bug. The Kurtis/Lara cutscene clearly had a issue because it was sudden, but this one is just fast and spinning around smoothly.
I like that it's fast. Slow flybys are boring. Plus they wanted it to fit the music, that's also a reason I guess.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 11:25   #1488
UroshUchiha
Student

Oh finally the mods handled this person. Each of his comments in any thread had me roll my eyes so hard I could see my own brain.

That flyby originally didn't feel weird at all back when I saw it first. But on my other replays I guess I can see how that flyby doesn't do justice that that area at all. Most of the time the camera is way too close to the walls and shows literally nothing of the zone.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 13:43   #1489
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Oh finally the mods handled this person. Each of his comments in any thread had me roll my eyes so hard I could see my own brain.

That flyby originally didn't feel weird at all back when I saw it first. But on my other replays I guess I can see how that flyby doesn't do justice that that area at all. Most of the time the camera is way too close to the walls and shows literally nothing of the zone.
I found similar experience but I also noticed it feels less odd when played on 4:3 resolution (instead of 4k/full HD res). I did play on 4:3 back in 2003 so I guess that's why it feels more natural?
Old 17-09-19, 18:35   #1490
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

I’m just leaving this here, if anyone sees it:

Those who have ActorEdit for AoD, please PM me. The links people have provided are all dead... It really looks like a fun tool......