www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 15-09-19, 21:27   #11
moodydog
Relic Hunter

I'd never even heard of Hamza Bin Laden before reading this thread. I was going to question the relevancy of his death, or if it's just some sensationalist report based on the fact his father was behind 9/11.

I read a quick article:

Quote:
“[Al-Qaida was] clearly grooming him to be a next generation successor,” Peter Bergen, director of the international security programme at the New America foundation, told the Guardian in July.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dens-son-hamza

Anyone able to enlighten the conversation. It seems like everyone here is confused on how to respond...
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-19, 01:04   #12
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Anyone able to enlighten the conversation. It seems like everyone here is confused on how to respond...
Hamza might have not played much of a strategic role in bringing Al-Qaeda together but he could very well have been a figurehead for everyone to rally behind. With his father's name, he could have re-invigorated important connections and had garnered more support for the decrepit and torn down Al-Qaeda.

His death might have not been as impactful as Osama's, but another douchebag removed out of the equation isn't a bad thing.

Don't give a chance for a snake to recover and bite you again.
Old 17-09-19, 22:19   #13
Draco
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Hamza might have not played much of a strategic role in bringing Al-Qaeda together but he could very well have been a figurehead for everyone to rally behind. With his father's name, he could have re-invigorated important connections and had garnered more support for the decrepit and torn down Al-Qaeda.

His death might have not been as impactful as Osama's, but another douchebag removed out of the equation isn't a bad thing.

Don't give a chance for a snake to recover and bite you again.
You just justified killing someone for something he may have done because of who he is.

But I guess that is the human way to punish the children for the sins of their fathers.
Old 18-09-19, 09:39   #14
Greatest TR
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
You just justified killing someone for something he may have done because of who he is.

But I guess that is the human way to punish the children for the sins of their fathers.
He is not a child, He is 30 years old and he follows and believes what his father did. Killing innocent children and women in their own country is not normal. Like what Catapharact said "Don't give a chance for a snake to recover and bite you again." There are plenty brainwashed evil out there, no sign of slowing down but to keep things on top by targeting the organization al-Qaeda terriost should minimise the casualties and death to the innocent people.

Say it to the parents who lost their children in Manchester bombing two years ago which was done and organised by al-Qaeda group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48056433

Last edited by Greatest TR; 18-09-19 at 09:40.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 13:53   #15
xtimz
Historian

Someone once asked Osama Bin Laden what was his political goal. His answer was that the foreign army must leave his country. I can hardly blame him when I heard this. His country is an internationally recognized independent country. What if there is foreign army in your country? You would probably do the same as Bin Laden.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 18:45   #16
Mad Tony
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
Someone once asked Osama Bin Laden what was his political goal. His answer was that the foreign army must leave his country. I can hardly blame him when I heard this. His country is an internationally recognized independent country. What if there is foreign army in your country? You would probably do the same as Bin Laden.
"The war is between us and the Jews. Any country that steps into the same trench as the Jews has only itself to blame" - Osama Bin Laden

But yeah, carry on making excuses for mass murderers because you don't like American foreign policy.
Old 19-09-19, 21:17   #17
Draco
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
He is not a child, He is 30 years old and he follows and believes what his father did. Killing innocent children and women in their own country is not normal. Like what Catapharact said "Don't give a chance for a snake to recover and bite you again." There are plenty brainwashed evil out there, no sign of slowing down but to keep things on top by targeting the organization al-Qaeda terriost should minimise the casualties and death to the innocent people.

Say it to the parents who lost their children in Manchester bombing two years ago which was done and organised by al-Qaeda group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48056433
Who he is has zero to do with the point I was making. None of those specific qualifications were part of the justification I was challenging.
Old 19-09-19, 23:39   #18
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Is it a snake being beheaded, or a hydra?

Even if killing this one man is in itself a good thing, the strings of operations that his death is one part of, is responsible for thousands of innocent people killed simply for being in proximity. That's not right, and their deaths only fuel more 'insurgents' and it is at that point that people no longer believe these killings are justified. It is perfectly reasonable to be angry at the U.S. killing civilians who have nothing to do with 9/11, and no amount of "but Osama was EVIL" will change that. Nor will it ever justify the civilian death toll.

Peoples indifference and even condemnation of this is not appalling if you consider at least a bit of context.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 12:51   #19
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
It certainly does when that specific someone decided to take the main helm of a Terrorist Organization and called upon continuous attacks on foreign nations by the followers of Al-Qaeda; Even as far as to encourage lone wolf attacks by individual crud heads.

Quote:
If the grown ass child didn't learn his lesson from his father dying because of his influence over Al-Qaeda and goes as far as to become the next head of Al-Qaeda and encourage future attacks on nations world wide then he needs a one way express trip to hell.

No one is under any illusion that Al-Qaeda will simply dissolve away with the killing of its leaders overnight. However, the idea is to keep the organization weakened long enough for it to either dissolve on its on or for individual nations to finally track down and kill most its influential individuals.

Right now, the priority is the eradication of ISIS and its branches. With how far reaching ISIS is, the last thing we need is Al-Qaeda getting back in the game more stronger and more organized.
Old 20-09-19, 17:14   #20
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

It is the reasoning in the post he quoted that he takes issue with, having other justifications doesnt mitigate how wrong that mindset is; the effect he could have by being osamas son should have no consideration in whether or not he deserved to be killed.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote