www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-08-19, 18:55   #2481
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

I mean, the trilogies are meant to rhyme somewhat.

Also, pulling a Starkiller with Rey would be... Interesting. What's also interesting is the use of Vader's breathing just before that shot.
Old 27-08-19, 20:30   #2482
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I think it could go a few different ways.
  • Rey is a clone, which was implied in The Last Jedi and this is a different clone that was trained in the dark side.
  • Rey will turn to the darkside and Kylo (Rise of Skywalker) will return to the light.
  • The darkside Rey is simply a vision of what could be.

At this stage I'm not holding out hope that it'll be anything fantastic.
That first one actually sounds quite interesting.

But just like with the Knights of Ren, one film just isn't enough to do anything worthwhile with it.
The knights always sounded like a cool concept but they didn't bother doing anything with it and if they are just in 9 it'll feel forced/rushed. It's not enough time to build any substance behind who they are.

If they are just going to be glorified jobbers in 9 like the praetorian guard then don't bother at all. Waste of screen time.

Last edited by redfox45; 27-08-19 at 20:32.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 20:50   #2483
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post

But just like with the Knights of Ren, one film just isn't enough to do anything worthwhile with it.
The knights always sounded like a cool concept but they didn't bother doing anything with it and if they are just in 9 it'll feel forced/rushed. It's not enough time to build any substance behind who they are.

If they are just going to be glorified jobbers in 9 like the praetorian guard then don't bother at all. Waste of screen time.
Yeah, to me episode 8 dropped to ball while doing little of substance for the overall story path.

Ever since the trailer to episode 9 came out, i try to remember without watching what episode 8 did...but nothing comes to my mind.
Nothing that really pushes the plot, the characters or so.

To be fair im constantly confused by the whole Rey/Kylo romance vibes that creep the hell out of me to have much else stuck in my head.
Yeah that is to me one ****ing weird and creepy thing.

But yeah, i dont really remember much development for the overall sense of the story.
The bit they did was rushed in the last 30-45 minutes...but nothing that has the needed scale imo.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 21:15   #2484
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post

From the initial reveal trailer I get the impression that the knights aren't on Kylo's side and are actually against him. In the trailer you can see Kylo slamming someone into the ground, which looks very similar to the knights. Though, that would beg the question who are they actually working for?

I'll be honest I'm baffled to how a single movie is going to tie up all these loose ends in a satisfactory way. Unless it's going to be incredibly long?
Old 01-09-19, 03:47   #2485
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

In favor for a three hour film. YES!

Going to be a HUGE film. Avengers huge. Excited, buut waiting for some disappointment. I have an idea for the premiere night I really want to share with some specific people I know in real life.
Old 22-10-19, 02:18   #2486
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

And yeah tickets are OFFICIALLY ON SALE
Old 22-10-19, 07:02   #2487
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Among that assembly of Rebel ships, you can see the following ships from as far back as the Clone Wars era:

-Nebulon-B Frigate
-MC-75 Star Cruiser (the Profundity, Raddus' ship in Rogue One, was one of these)
-CR-90 Corvette (the Tantive IV was one of these)
-VCX-100 light freighter (the Ghost, the signature ship of the Spectres Rebel Cell, was one of these)
-Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class Battleship core separation
-U-Wing

There's a ton of ships in that shot, too many to process at once. But also, look at that shot of C-3PO - there's a B-1 Battle Droid in the corner!
Now I really hope we see some clankers (maybe even that leftover Sep cell from Rebels) among the New Rebels.

Last edited by ggctuk; 22-10-19 at 07:38.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 08:52   #2488
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

The movie beat avengers endgame in preticket sales ( Atom Tickets)

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/10/...n-atom-tickets
Old 22-10-19, 08:53   #2489
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Great trailer! It actually got me hyped unlike the previous one. Though, I must admit I am still skeptical over how Palpatine's return is going to pan out. From the trailer he seems to be fixed into some kind of mechanical device, which allows him to move around. I hope this is not the case, as why return when he's not yet at full power? It's just a cheap reason to weaken him and make him beatable.

Separate to that there is still a lot of questions around the current trilogy that need answering to appease fans. Everyone seems obsessed with Rey's patronage (I was actually a fan of her being a nobody), but I'd be more satisfied with an answer to how she's miraculously skilled with no prior training. I often toyed around with the idea that Rey had been previously trained, but for some reason they chose to wipe her memories, give her a false identity and hide her away. However, the current trailer seems to simply indicate she's the embodiment of generations of Jedi, which just makes me cringe.
Old 22-10-19, 09:01   #2490
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
The movie beat avengers endgame in preticket sales ( Atom Tickets)

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/10/...n-atom-tickets
But... but... some rando on the Internet told me that Star Wars was dead! The Last Jedi killed it forever!