www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 15-01-19, 18:29   #661
red_lion
Historian

Quote:
Not sure where to say this (and sorry for revive this thread)
Do not sorry. It contains so much "little things" that it is a big thing to me

Quote:
Whenever the game crash it means that the game can't find the supossed character?
I disagree with you. I think not. In the Parisian Ghetto level (waking up in the train) there are two cops/strahova but they are not activated. I remember playing with it, it didn't crash.

Quote:
In that case there's like 3 deleted/unknow characters in Bouchard's Hideout (one of them could be a bodyguard. i'm just saying this becuase there's some deleted audios of an unknown character in this level)
There is lots of hidden audio in the files. But it doesn't mean there is an unknown character.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 20:28   #662
Ruu11
Explorer

^ I understand what are you trying to say, but the difference with all those hidden cops is that they're actually THERE, but not visible/activated.

I still believe that when the game crash is because it's trying to focus the "unknow" characters, which doesn't even have a database or whatever (that's WHY it crash) but somehow they're still there...

Okay, I know this is crazy. But I'm literally obsessed with AoD, so...

EXAMPLE:

Bouchard's Hideout - There's a total of 10 characters in this level (with Lara Croft)
2 of them are missing because the game crashes 2 times when you use de "Change camera target" option on the Debug Menu.

It's literally like this:

01 - rat
02 - rat
03 - rat
04 - CRASH
05 - Bouchard
06 - rat
07 - CRASH
08 - Nephilim
09 - rat
10 - Lara

So... Why EXACTLY the game crashes??? I can't stop thinking on deleted/non-existent characters and one of them could be Bouchard's bodyguard.

And I said the hidden audios thing because in this level there's literally an unknow voice of a man saying "Find an intruder, Bouchard. Say she needs to see you" and remember when Bouchard says to Lara: "My man will show you out"
I mean, I'm not making up anything. The evidences are there! + the crash character thing... It makes sense, I guess :S
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 01:01   #663
Boobandie
Professor

I thought we had confirmed ages ago that Lara was supposed to get past a bodyguard just outside Bouchard's office.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 03:37   #664
KIKO
Relic Hunter

^Exactly. Ash confirmed it on his website, there's a document about cutscenes somewhere.

If I remember correctly it would happen as soon as you enter the room where Arnaud is. He would scream and that would draw the bodyguard's attention (not sure if he's the same man from the graveyard gate).
Lara would have to defeat him on a hand-to-hand combat.
If she won he would take her to see Bouchard.
If she lost he would drag her into Bouchard's office anyway.

Last edited by KIKO; 16-01-19 at 03:39.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 04:53   #665
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Keep this thread bumpin', Ruu

Some of the most fun I've had in my childhood was swimming around AoD with the SCU but since I have no computer programming experience, I eventually hit the ceiling of what exploring I could do. These little details you dig up 15 years later keep the mystery and speculation alive

Thank you for sharing your findings
Old 16-01-19, 11:10   #666
Ruu11
Explorer

I know that there was already confirmed the existence of a bodyguard in Bouchard's Hideout. The point is if someone ever thought about this crash thing with the Debug Mode???

I've been searching for more crashes last night and for example in the Biologic Research Area there's almost a total of 40 characters and about more than 10 crashes, so... 10 unkow characters/enemies??!
For getting an idea, Muller is like at 38 position of the camera changes, so... Imagine

There's also invisible things like the cops in Paris Ghetto. We have "GAS_BAG" which is placed under a three and a lot of invisible mutant plants at the last area of this level (the big one with guards all around the place)

Well, maybe this doesn't mean nothing after all... I'm just too obsessed
Old 16-01-19, 12:51   #667
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Maybe you could take some prints of the debug menu from the levels that interest you so we can all see the bigger picture and try to make some sense out of it
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 13:18   #668
nakamichi680
Explorer

Why don't you check with DebugView if the game sends some messages before crashing?
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 13:42   #669
Ruu11
Explorer

^ The game just crash with a black window and then this following message:

Guess it doesn't help too much to know why exactly the game crashes
Old 16-01-19, 13:54   #670
nakamichi680
Explorer

^I know, that's why I suggested to use DebugView.
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote