www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 18-06-18, 12:17   #1
DragonSlayer
Professor

Default Most annoying characters in movies and TV shows

Every movie and TV show will have annoying characters, which characters for you have been the most annoying?

The mother and the child in The Babadook they both were so annoying I was on the demon's side hoping he would kill them, I was disappointed when he didn't.

Jason McCord and Russell Jackson from Madam Secretary both characters are inconsistently written, sometimes they will do something that makes them seem likeable.

Then either 5 minutes or two episodes later they say or do something stupid that makes them unlikeable for a while before saying or doing something that makes them seem likeable again but only for a while before doing something stupid again and continually repeating the pattern.

Anakin Skywalker Star Wars episodes 2 and 3, I'm leaving out the version of the character from episode 1 as he was tolerable compared to how he was in the following two episodes.

Joffrey Game of Thrones nuff said please no spoilers for future seasons I've only just finished season 1.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 12:22   #2
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Joffrey Game of Thrones nuff said please no spoilers for future seasons I've only just finished season 1.
Joffrey is annoying but you can't deny his actor did that. He played the pathetic boy king tyrant role so amazingly and it actually was quite perversely entertaining to me.

Every idiot who trips over a tree root in a horror movie.

I know it's a game and not a show or movie, but Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4.
Old 18-06-18, 12:24   #3
Mani_Man
Professor

Thats not an easy thing, there are a lot. XD

My top two would probably Regina Mills from OUAT and Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto...i downright despise those characters and they more then once almost ruined my joy in the shows/manga.
(okay Naruto did it without Sasuke due to having a Mangaka who has no clue about storytelling...but still)

I also wasnt a huge fan of Angel from Buffy until he got his own show.

Then there is Abby from NCIS...i couldnt stand the character.

Who is the woman in the indiana jones movie who always screamed: "Innndddddiiiieeeee"? That one was annoying too.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 12:28   #4
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Joffrey is annoying but you can't deny his actor did that. He played the pathetic boy king tyrant role so amazingly and it actually was quite perversely entertaining to me.

Every idiot who trips over a tree root in a horror movie.

I know it's a game and not a show or movie, but Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4.
I didn't think about including video game characters in this topic, go ahead you can include video game characters if you like.

Ashley Graham was tolerable compared to other characters in Resident Evil, Sheva Alomar I'm looking at you taking every item that wasn't nailed down and rarely giving me anything, I once described her as an evil hoover.

Excella Gionne from RE5 was also irritating, a completely pointless character who had no real reason to be in the game.
Old 18-06-18, 12:32   #5
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I didn't think about including video game characters in this topic, go ahead you can include video game characters if you like.

Ashley Graham was tolerable compared to other characters in Resident Evil, Sheva Alomar I'm looking at you taking every item that wasn't nailed down and rarely giving me anything, I once described her as an evil hoover.

Excella Gionne from RE5 was also irritating, a completely pointless character who had no real reason to be in the game.
"The Titty Lady" as I heard someone call Excella on Youtube

Sheva was ok. I'm sure if you gave her a particular kind of gun that you weren't using, the AI would adapt to it and she'd only pick up ammo for that weapon. Either that or I just packed all the health items into her inventory so she could heal me when needed, and not pick anything up.

"I need muw ammoe!!"
Old 18-06-18, 12:46   #6
Admles

Terra and Dawn on Buffy.

Phoebe on Friends.
Old 18-06-18, 12:55   #7
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post
Terra and Dawn on Buffy.

Phoebe on Friends.
I didn't like Phoebe either, I remember reading somewhere that Lisa Kudrow was to play Roz on Frasier they felt that while she was funny enough they thought she wasn't forceful enough to match Kelsey Grammer when he went all out, their words not mine.

I'm glad she didn't get the part, Peri Gilpin is much better as Roz.

@yeauxleaux I frequently called her zeppelin boobs, there was clearly a struggle taking place in that dress, how they stayed contained in the dress I'll never know.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 18-06-18 at 12:57.
Old 18-06-18, 13:03   #8
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Killjoys has a number of great supporting characters and two really amazing main characters who are layered, deep, fun and interesting. They more than make up for the fact that the shows overarching story is just generic conspiracy #42 and that the budget is just about good enough to show us the nicer of Canada’s abandoned warehouses. Sadly the show also has a third main character, D’avin (yes, with apostrophe) who is utterly boring and one-note. It’s not so much that he’s horrible in his own right, but every moment the show focuses on him is a moment the show could focus on the characters I actually like. Very annoying.
Old 18-06-18, 13:39   #9
Grimaldi
Professor

Connor on Angel. The one note “I hate my dad” characterisation and unpleasant pairing with Cordelia kept him from ever being likeable.

King Bumi on Avatar. I think I’m in the minority that never found him endearing or funny, just weird and annoying.

Ashley from Until Dawn. The worst person to have in your group. Paranoid, vindictive, quick to accuse. Thank god Emily can slap her.
Old 18-06-18, 16:40   #10
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Meanwhile, you just spoiled The Badabook for me!