www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-11-18, 01:22   #21
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

Location: Adventure is my home (Croft Manor at quieter times)

I've mentioned those changes on a few occasions but no one seemed to bother - surprisingly. ^^
And I also couldn't find youtube videos on that topic or reviewer mentioning it.
So I accepted the changes, appreciated the things that got better and moved on... kinda. ^^
I mean, I can see why the brutality got toned down (also in regards to the complains about a mass murdering Lara) and it's really not something I miss. I'm simply against unnecessary censorshipment.
And the game is for adults (you have to be 18 years to buy it in my country / they didn't change it to 16 years) and the physical release got greenlighted this way. So they surely could have added an optional gore option in the settings instead.

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 16-11-18 at 01:35.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 01:43   #22
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
I've mentioned those changes on a few occasions but no one seemed to bother - surprisingly. ^^
And I also couldn't find youtube videos on that topic or reviewer mentioning it.
So I accepted the changes, appreciated the things that got better and moved on... kinda. ^^
I mean, I can see why the brutality got toned down (also in regards to the complains about a mass murdering Lara) and it's really not something I miss. I'm simply against unnecessary censorshipment.
And the game is for adults (you have to be 18 years to buy it in my country / they didn't change it to 16 years) and the physical release got greenlighted this way. So they surely could have added an optional gore option in the settings instead.
Yeah I had to have missed your posts unfortunately because I at least would have raised quite a stink about it.

It makes zero sense that it's patched out, especially with how brutal and bloody 2013 was.

I mean, Doom is a thing right, you can legit tear off body parts from demons you kill with the press off a button.

It only makes for a stronger case for Tomb Raider to be sold and bought from Sqeenix. I suspect they forced them to do this because it would be much cheaper to localize the game in countries where that sort of thing isn't allowed.

Now that I remember it I remember the first time stabbing the eel and blood was coming out of it, but on my recent playthrough when I stab the eel, no blood comes out.

It's extremely awkward looking and bizarre.
Old 16-11-18, 02:15   #23
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

I should have started a topic then; "What happened to the BLOOD?"
And I certainly would have, had they not made those hair improvements with patch 1.02.
They offered me one thing for the price of another thing and I took the bait.
Old 16-11-18, 02:42   #24
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I actually think they are going to be one of the skills we unlock within the DLC. They also are fixing a lot of things, if you guys ask nicely and state the issues with the Technical thread. I believe they are actually going through each page and fixing what they actually can. Heck i’m
still waiting for Lara to get dirty without having to rub myself in mud.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 16-11-18 at 02:44.
AntRaidsTombs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 05:16   #25
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

I'm sad to hear this about blood.
This is not Uncharted or Horizon Zero Dawn, this is not rated T.
TR is rated M and there's no reason it shouldn't be violent!
What's more, the blood in the early versions of the game wasn't disturbing at all, it wasn't too much, so I don't see the reason why they removed it.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 16-11-18 at 05:18.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 05:56   #26
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I'm sad to hear this about blood.
This is not Uncharted or Horizon Zero Dawn, this is not rated T.
TR is rated M and there's no reason it shouldn't be violent!
What's more, the blood in the early versions of the game wasn't disturbing at all, it wasn't too much, so I don't see the reason why they removed it.
There is blood at certain parts in the game though. Like when Lara is getting bit by an eel, blood is coming out. When Lara attacks an enemy with a machete blood comes out. I don’t see where some of y’all arent seeing blood. It’s not a lot but there is blood in the game.
Old 16-11-18, 07:10   #27
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

I said there still is - but it's a far cry from what the game had before the patch.
They also removed it completely from certain objects and some stab-animations.

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 16-11-18 at 07:16.
Old 16-11-18, 07:13   #28
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
I said there still is - but it's a far cry from what the game had before the patch.
Reminds me of how Ubisoft is trying to force some of the china censorship onto all versions of Rainbow Six Siege.

Shadow is almost meme-like now for me, they patch out blood and even the freaking ending.

It's not even against Fan-backlash like Mass Effect 3, they just out-right released the game with the wrong ending.

Which is amazing to me, did no playtesters finish the game? did no one check before making the discs that they actually had all the game files in the right places and notice the ending was wrong?

I'm seriously baffled as to how that slipped through still and now I'm curious as to what weird thing will be added/removed in future patches, it's almost as amazing as the patch-notes for Boiling Point:Road to hell.

- Police station cannot be destroyed by a crossbow anymore
- When Saul drops one item, only this item disappears from his inventory
- Sometimesall items from inventory were lost
- NPCs now avoid obstacles when moving
- Fixed: jaguar floats across screen at treetop level.

I wonder if we're gonna get any fun patch notes, it's been a while, but couldn't the Jaguar in Shadow also get stuck in the air or something? I think I saw that in one patch note if I remember

Last edited by Samz; 16-11-18 at 07:21.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-18, 08:17   #29
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

"tHe ReBoOt Is ToO vIoLeNt AnD gRaPhIc"

This is why.
Old 16-11-18, 08:29   #30
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
"tHe ReBoOt Is ToO vIoLeNt AnD gRaPhIc"

This is why.
Then please make a blood-option in the settings. We're adults. Don't "force" unnecessary patch-changes (censorship) on all players.

Ps. I probably have to replay the game without a patch after all. They also changed the ending. There could be more - see also my post in the technical issue thread.
Patches should add to a gamers experience - not remove working things. And if so - then please be kind enough to offer options.
That's what different difficulty options and settings in games are for.

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 16-11-18 at 08:43.