www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 14-09-19, 16:02   #5431
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

TR being owned by Naughty Dog as a PS exclusive would sell more than the current TRs which are on PS Xbox and PC + others. And the games quality would be glorious. Just the facts
Old 14-09-19, 16:03   #5432
PandaFlavored
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Remedy could be a good choice too. But because of Sony’s acquisition plans, NO... (b/c that could mean TR being a Playstation exclusive).

I actually want Square Enix itself (which develops KH and FF) to try and develop a TR game, without CD/EM interfering... I wonder how Tetsuya Nomura would design Lara. No Japanese Lara plz...
I didn’t put into consideration naughty dogs exclusivity with Sony. I think anyone would be a good choice at this point We just need a company that would genuinely care for Lara and put her back on the charts.
Old 14-09-19, 16:06   #5433
PandaFlavored
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
TR being owned by Naughty Dog as a PS exclusive would sell more than the current TRs which are on PS Xbox and PC + others. And the games quality would be glorious. Just the facts
Where’s the lie?
Old 14-09-19, 16:06   #5434
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I'd say give Capcom a try, they have been showing their fans tons of love with their current franchises. I wish Capcom would buy the IP to some of Konomi's IPs as well. I think they would be the best option imo. With Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Mega Man (Which has seen an entire rerelease of that franchise), it's obvious that Capcom really loves and cares about their games.
Old 14-09-19, 16:08   #5435
PandaFlavored
Hobbyist

True, but they are so busy with all of those franchises that I don’t think we’d get TR games as often as we’d like.
Old 14-09-19, 16:12   #5436
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaFlavored View Post
True, but they are so busy with all of those franchises that I don’t think we’d get TR games as often as we’d like.
It depends on the franchise, for example Ace Attorney has seen a steady release of games in that franchise over the years, so have RE for that matter. I could see Capcom buying the IP to Tomb Raider and then letting one of their developers or an independent developer work on TR and publish TR games. Square always felt so wrong for TR to me anyway, they've mostly been all about their top of the line RPGs and JRPG franchises. Tomb Raider never really fit in among Sqeenix.
Old 14-09-19, 16:13   #5437
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'd say give Capcom a try, they have been showing their fans tons of love with their current franchises. I wish Capcom would buy the IP to some of Konomi's IPs as well. I think they would be the best option imo. With Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Mega Man (Which has seen an entire rerelease of that franchise), it's obvious that Capcom really loves and cares about their games.
Idk. I think SE/CD has shown more appreciation for fans than Capcom. After the success of TR13, the devs still made an effort to add more classic elements to each title. After the success of RE4, Capcom completely ignored the survival horror roots of the earlier games for an action route. The only reason RE7 was a return to form was because no one was on their side after RE6.

If the franchise were to go to another studio, I'd love to see Remedy give it a shot. Control, at times, feels like it could be a TR title.
Old 14-09-19, 16:22   #5438
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Before 6 we had Revelations thought, which was a clear love letter to the classic fans.

Besides, CAPCOM has learned from their mistake and haven't been shy about it. It seems like the company's mentality changed a little bit from back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Remedy could be a good choice too. But because of Sony’s acquisition plans, NO... (b/c that could mean TR being a Playstation exclusive).

I actually want Square Enix itself (which develops KH and FF) to try and develop a TR game, without CD/EM interfering... I wonder how Tetsuya Nomura would design Lara. No Japanese Lara plz...
Ah yes, let's give TR to the guy who makes a huge mess of a plot that's actually simple and whose female characters are famously underdeveloped. On top that, we'll have terrible dialogue. That seems like a good idea.

Last edited by VictorXD; 14-09-19 at 16:25.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 16:33   #5439
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Anyone know what time it is where EM or Sqeenix is at? I feel like we had news of the past DLC around this time. I'm checking social media and still no mention of her birthday.
Old 14-09-19, 16:34   #5440
TombRaiderLover
Tomb Raider

Eidos have referenced the anniversary on Twitter and Facebook, but nothing else...