www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 10-07-19, 21:36   #31
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
As much as I love it, Friends was really losing steam as it went on. By around season 7ish many of the characters start getting so flat and one-note, it becomes not only far less funny but also irritating in some cases (Joey's scenes in particular).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
It's a gradual thing I think. It actually starts quite early for Joey (probably around season 5ish), with the over-reliance on the "haha Joey is unbelievably dumb!!!" gags. Which is disappointing, because I loved Joey's character earlier on and I have a major love of "how you doin?" Anyway, then it's like the rest of the characters gradually follow, by having their individual little quirks overplayed to hell. But yeah by the time Mike shows up it has pretty much gone to **** for me. I could really do without the last couple of seasons. I find them watchable enough if I just want something on the TV in the background, but they really pale in comparison to the earlier seasons.
I agree with these. Especially with the one-noteness of the characters. I absolutely loved the Geller siblings at the beginning but even then Monica joined "God Ross is boring geek" -thing and Ross "God, my sister is cocoo".
Old 10-07-19, 21:43   #32
Fantasy
Archaeologist

The apartment swap episode of Friends is one of my absolutely favourite episodes of television ever.

“THAT’S NOT EVEN A WORD!”
Old 10-07-19, 22:26   #33
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
The first half of Battlestar Galactica’s fourth season was really uneven and not much happened. After a stellar three seasons it just of limps along until the halfway point of the season.
Around the time they found Earth though.

Things just went crazy go nuts and some of my favorite episodes are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Buffy. Season 4. Nuff said.

It's actually surprising that the show is so well respected given how many bad seasons it had. Out of 7 seasons, 2, 3 and 5 were the only ones that I would say are good throughout.
I'm inclined to agree, though I very much liked a great deal of Season 4. More so than Seasons 6, 7, or 1.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 22:31   #34
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
Dexter's last season was horrendous after two declining seasons. My son said, "Stop after Season 4!" and I was like you still owe me two hours of my life back for Boondock Saints so . . . .

He was right though.
See, what sucks about the utterly incredible end to Season 4 (where the Very Bad Thing™ happens) is that it became one of the most utterly shocking moments I've every witnessed on a TV show. It was so shocking that I couldn't resist forging ahead, even though I knew it was supposed to be getting a lot worse in quality come Season 5... I still haven't watched 6 or beyond to this day, and I don't think I really need to.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 22:38   #35
Fantasy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Around the time they found Earth though.

Things just went crazy go nuts and some of my favorite episodes are there.

I'm inclined to agree, though I very much liked a great deal of Season 4. More so than Seasons 6, 7, or 1.
Up until they found Earth was a chore for me, but like you said when they did it just went insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
See, what sucks about the utterly incredible end to Season 4 (where the Very Bad Thing™ happens) is that it became one of the most utterly shocking moments I've every witnessed on a TV show. It was so shocking that I couldn't resist forging ahead, even though I knew it was supposed to be getting a lot worse in quality come Season 5... I still haven't watched 6 or beyond to this day, and I don't think I really need to.
I always got the feeling that when THAT happened, the show lost some of its humanity that made Dexter somewhat relatable and the writers never really knew to deal with it, which in turn massively affected the show and it never really recovered.
Old 10-07-19, 22:50   #36
Mickybyrne20
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I don't watch the show, but is it possible there was some behind the scenes issue? Like the actor refusing to return or something? Or production costs being cut so a Season 7 was possible? Or was simply out of the blue with no bts drama?
No, they were just as shocked at the decision lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Lost comes to mind, The Vampire Diaries too. Both lost their touch midway their runs. Honestly, it's almost inevitable to have a bad season(s) in shows that have 20+ episodes per season, when they last for a couple of seasons
I cannot get over how much The Vampire Diaries recycled storylines.

The doppelganger storyline was once one of the most exciting and compelling aspects of the show in regards to Elena and Katherine, but they screwed that up totally when they randomly extended it to Stefan. Very repetitive storytelling.

Plus, everyone fricking died, but somehow managed to come back to life. I never cared that anyone died, because I knew they'd somehow get brought back to life.

Could've believe they made Bonnie a vampire hunter, as if we hadn't already had 500 different ones prior.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 10-07-19 at 23:01.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 22:54   #37
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
No, they were just as shocked at the decision lol
Wow, that stinks
Old 11-07-19, 12:34   #38
DragonSlayer
Professor

Every season of The Simpsons after season 10 the worst episode out of those 20 seasons was the Ricky Gervais wife swap episode, the best episode was the Lego episode, that episode felt like a classic episode from the first ten seasons, no crazy way over the top plot where the guest character voiced by a celebrity would take centre stage while The Simpsons took a backseat, The Simpsons took center stage in the Lego episode and the episode was all the better for it, too many episodes seem to be about the guest character these days while The Simpsons get shoved aside.

I no longer call it The Simpsons I now call it the celebrity of the week show, The Simpsons should just end it's been on life support for years while it died a very slow painful death and it's time to terminate the life support.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 12:52   #39
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

The Walking Dead used to be so good... Now it's become a mere shadow of it's former self.
Old 11-07-19, 13:18   #40
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
I still haven't watched 6 or beyond to this day, and I don't think I really need to.
No, you don't. 7 is that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I always got the feeling that when THAT happened, the show lost some of its humanity that made Dexter somewhat relatable and the writers never really knew to deal with it, which in turn massively affected the show and it never really recovered.
For me, it was when they made the sister in love with Dexter. It felt . . . stupid.