www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-09-19, 22:37   #1
LuckyEdge10

Default Issues with character swapping

Hello everyone. I need help with character swapping:

I've seen in some of the old threads of this section that a lot of people managed to swap characters. For example, Carvier was shown instead of Boaz, or Kurtis instead of Ekhardt etc...

And this actually works for me. I just need to rename the .chr files in the character I want and it works. But unfortunately, I really can't seem to change Lara's character. I tried to rename Carvier's .chr in LARAD.chr but when I start a level with the LARAD model, the game crashes. I tried with other characters as well but nothing happens.

This only works when I try to change Kurtis' character appereance. That means I can play Kurtis levels with Carvier, Janice etc. but obviously the characters have Kurtis' animations and it would be way better to play in Lara's levels.

At first I thought it was a simple limitation, but look at this video:

This guy managed to play as Janice in all Lara's levels. With Lara's animations. And in the comments he claimed that he only had to rename Janice's .chr in Lara's .chr and that worked, without using any program.

I am trying to make this works from days and this just doesn't work. Swapping Lara's .chr file always makes the game crash.

There are some people in this forum who managed to make this work, but they never explained how and they were active in the forums in 2004, and that's like 16 years ago.

I hope there is someone who can help me with this.

I remember there was a mod called Actor Edit mod, which allowed you to swap characters modifying the Actor.db file, but that mod was only uploaded on TRSearch.org, and since the website got updated the mod is nowhere to be found.

PLEASE, if someone has that mod...it has to be uploaded on the internet again. It also allowed you to shoot NPCs in the game and it was really funny.

The creator of the mod is Michiel, and I contacted him to know about it but unfortunately I don't think he's active in the forum anymore...

This is the error I get when I swap Lara's character with any other character:

Build Sep 17 2003 15:53:15

The Following Error has occured

GAME_ERROR_STRUCTURED_EXCEPTION_HANDLE

TRAOD_P4.EXE caused a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module TRAOD_P4.EXE at 0023:004DB09F, CharRope::setup_verts()+483 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\GAME\shell\physics\CharRope.cpp, line 143+6 byte(s)

0023:004DB09F TRAOD_P4.EXE, CharRope::setup_verts()+483 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\GAME\shell\physics\CharRope.cpp, line 143+6 byte(s)
0023:004EAC5D TRAOD_P4.EXE, setup_lara_denim_dynamics()+625 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\physics\PhysicsSystem.cpp, line 4773
0023:0050E249 TRAOD_P4.EXE, mapSetCameraTargetNode()+13365 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_charnode.c, line 2141+8 byte(s)
0023:0050E249 TRAOD_P4.EXE, mapSetCameraTargetNode()+13365 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_charnode.c, line 2141+8 byte(s)
0023:0050E919 TRAOD_P4.EXE, mapActorCallback()+1045 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_charnode.c, line 2474+6 byte(s)
0023:00511F11 TRAOD_P4.EXE, mapSendNodeMsg()+45 byte(s), C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\map\map_objmgr.c, line 937+23 byte(s)

Last edited by LuckyEdge10; 06-09-19 at 14:07.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 08:52   #2
FreakRaider
Professor

damn 16 years ago that’s a long time .. i‘m getting old :/
Old 06-09-19, 09:39   #3
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

omg, I need the Actor Edit... it looks like fun, come on people! Help us...
Old 06-09-19, 11:00   #4
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
omg, I need the Actor Edit... it looks like fun, come on people! Help us...
The only way to get it is through the creator, Michiel...I really hope he gets back in the forum soon.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote