Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 19-08-19, 19:11   #2441
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
There was a rumor that the Reverb was implemented for old SoundBlaster sound cards.
That would be me. I don't know why but I have memories of the audio changing depending on where you were, like outside areas didn't have reverb, and inside areas had it, and I was amazed because it was an old computer, but it was also affecting music... So I guess it had presets like nowadays' computers, I played with them (and don't remember it) and was amazed it could do reverb at all and my brain mixed things up.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 03:23   #2442
Stryke

Angry

My level has an autosave failed! in red the bottom and Idk what to do. It won't save now. When I open a copy it fails to open. Error says when I try to save, "the given key is not present in the dictionary". Any solution?
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 04:19   #2443
SrDanielPonces

Dunno if you were "messing" with imported geometry, but sometimes this causes a crash. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your files... but hopefully you have automatic backups

This happened to me a few times too
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 12:58   #2444
Howaito

LOVE tomb editor. thank you so much for this program.
a question..
im trying to make an animation using textures that is basically the texture looping vertically. i could do it in the original TRLE (ngle) but not sure how it works in tomb editor.... ... anyone pleeaseee help?

(that is,the animation generator always tries to include the texures surrounding the texture i actually want to pan vertically)

EDIT : found a bug in tomb editor.. if you cancel the build operation its impossible to exit the BUILD CANCELLED pop up window forcing you to quit the Tomb editor through task manager.

Last edited by Howaito; 21-08-19 at 14:29.
Howaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 20:38   #2445
Stryke

I did have a backup! Luckily. I just worked around the error. I think it ha something to do with deleting texture files.

Is this a TE thing where I have to place a flipeffect for a audio with a oneshot first in order for it not to loop?
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 21:01   #2446
dcw123

Trying to do some dry to water flipmap rooms and TBF I've completely forgotten the standard rules when using them.
No error messages came up, so I assumed all was OK.

Basically I accidentally put sinks in the dry version of the room, so lazily added the flipmap after - seems all the triggers were still there, so maybe it will still work IDK

Need to read the manual again - always hated using flipmaps, always have trouble with them
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 09:25   #2447
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
I did have a backup! Luckily. I just worked around the error. I think it ha something to do with deleting texture files.

Is this a TE thing where I have to place a flipeffect for a audio with a oneshot first in order for it not to loop?
Are using the TRLE triggers or TRNG triggers for audio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaito View Post
LOVE tomb editor. thank you so much for this program.
a question..
im trying to make an animation using textures that is basically the texture looping vertically. i could do it in the original TRLE (ngle) but not sure how it works in tomb editor.... ... anyone pleeaseee help?

(that is,the animation generator always tries to include the texures surrounding the texture i actually want to pan vertically)

EDIT : found a bug in tomb editor.. if you cancel the build operation its impossible to exit the BUILD CANCELLED pop up window forcing you to quit the Tomb editor through task manager.
Are you trying to set up a UVrotate texture?

The issue of canceling building crashing the editor is a thing, I will add it to issues again.

Last edited by Dustie; 26-08-19 at 09:26.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 08:41   #2448
Howaito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Are using the TRLE triggers or TRNG triggers for audio?

Are you trying to set up a UVrotate texture?

The issue of canceling building crashing the editor is a thing, I will add it to issues again.
Not sure if UVRotate is what I want. Just a vertically scrolling texture. Seems that there needs to be a duplicate texture in the same tag just below to simulate the effect of scrolling vertically tho maybe I’m doing something wrong. Thanks 😊😊
Howaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 11:31   #2449
TR-Freak
Unverified

Vertically Scrolling IS UVRotate
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 05:46   #2450
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaito View Post
Not sure if UVRotate is what I want. Just a vertically scrolling texture. Seems that there needs to be a duplicate texture in the same tag just below to simulate the effect of scrolling vertically tho maybe I’m doing something wrong. Thanks 😊😊
Yeah, if you're about to use built-in procedural textures generator, you need to manually duplicate texture below original one. If you're about to use UVRotate, editor will make this for you (behaviour which is similar to original TRLE).

However, you must remember that if you will use procedural textures generator along with TRNG, unfortunately you will not get decent results. Two major problems of TRNG is that it limits amount of frames to 16 while procedural textures require much more frames to animate smoothly, and second, TRNG also limits FPS to around 16 or 20 (although it says in settings that FPS can be set to 30, it doesn't actually work).

So if you're about to create vertically scrolling texture with TRNG, I recommend you to use UVRotate and not procedural textures.

Regarding your issue with canceling build - I can't reproduce it. By any chance, are you using debug build of the editor (probably sent by somebody from QA team)? You can easily tell if it's debug build if TombEditor.exe is around 2-3 megabytes size.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote