www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-08-19, 20:30   #38801
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
Well, I finally finished the final season of OITNB. After finishing it I'm honestly just left with the impression they only got the memo it was the final season way into filming, as they try to wrap everything up in the last ten minutes. Was it the worst finale? No, that title belongs to Dexter. Could it of been much better. Hell yeah!
I didn't like it. Too depressing.
Old 11-08-19, 20:38   #38802
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I didn't like it. Too depressing.
I know right? The series seemed hell bent on destroying all of it's characters. The series used to be a nice mix of serious and comedy. The last two seasons seemed to have completely forgot about the comedy aspect.
Old 11-08-19, 20:53   #38803
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I know right? The series seemed hell bent on destroying all of it's characters. The series used to be a nice mix of serious and comedy. The last two seasons seemed to have completely forgot about the comedy aspect.
The series used to be a show about the daily lives of prison inmates and how they get through their days. It was a very mellow show that struck the perfect balance between heart breaking drama and comedy. It had this nice mundane feel to it that many shows didn't really have.
The show then reached a point where it wanted to be a full on drama that displays how horrible the prison system is. It's like the writers decided to make the most nihilistic and hopeless show ever made. If you keep on torturing your characters to the point where your audience is just numb to it, then you didn't do a good job.
Old 14-08-19, 00:09   #38804
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Orange is the new Black Season 4

Beautiful season. Very dark and...episode 12's ending litterally killed me. One of the characters I loved most died for a damn knee.

I think I'll wait some days before watching Season 5.
Old 14-08-19, 16:18   #38805
Linoshi Croft
Legend

I watched Russian Doll. I'll be honestly, I was kinda bored with the first couple of episodes, but as soon as they introduced the secondary character things really started getting interesting and I really enjoyed it in the end.
Old 15-08-19, 01:11   #38806
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

GLOW, Season 3

The best season yet.
Old 15-08-19, 16:38   #38807
Cat Woman
Explorer

The movie Dora and The Lost City of Gold, yesterday. My friend and I enjoyed it. It is a fun “kids” movie. (It had a small bit of the cartoon Dora images thrown in there.) A good afternoon movie to just relax and enjoy.
Old 20-08-19, 07:38   #38808
KManX89
Historian

Good Boys.

I'm here to tell you, the concept of a raunchy comedy featuring 12-year-old doing adult was every bit as funny and off-the-walls as it sounds and made for a good time at the theater. Seth Rogen even takes the piss out of it in the red band trailer by saying "you can totes watch yourself do these things in the movie, but you can't watch yourself do them in the trailer".

It follows the same concept of Superbad, except with 12-year-olds, and while this isn't on that movie's level (which kinda goes without saying since Superbad can't be topped), some of the jokes really do land because of how bat insane it is. I was dying at some of the jokes they pulled in this movie. Story structure and pacing isn't great (but good enough, I guess), but on a purely comedic level, it was a funny, entertaining time with just enough character development to keep you invested.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:48   #38809
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

This is the what plays in my brain when I try to think. I love it.