Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-12-19, 08:56   #11
Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Short but fun.

I'm honestly kinda glad I own the non-steam version of AOD since I'd probably have over 50 hours on it or something now.

Still at least you can skip most of the cutscenes in AOD (pretty much just not the bits with conversations) unliek Chronicles/Last Revelation.
I have the steam version and these patches installed. The game
is really much more fun this way!!
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-19, 13:07   #12
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdy View Post
I have the steam version and these patches installed. The game
is really much more fun this way!!
The visual fixes do help I guess but I'm also a werido who prefers the game without the movment controls patch.

Last edited by Samz; 23-12-19 at 13:10.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-19, 18:16   #13
Girafarig32

That's interesting to think about. I think it could be as you said that they wanted players to not run into walls in places like Bouchard's Hideout where it was narrow. If they had more time, it would be cool if one of the strength upgrades was to make her jog at full speed!
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-19, 02:37   #14
Kapu

I need to find the source, but there's an interview somewhere with a dev saying Lara starts the game at 80% of her running speed. She would have become faster through upgrades, but as we know the upgrade system is...not really a system at all. Unfinished and barely a feature. And thus the default running speed is never any faster.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-19, 10:26   #15
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
I need to find the source, but there's an interview somewhere with a dev saying Lara starts the game at 80% of her running speed. She would have become faster through upgrades, but as we know the upgrade system is...not really a system at all. Unfinished and barely a feature. And thus the default running speed is never any faster.
Majority of the times, RPG games just want to slow the players down from making a progress in the game.

Making AOD a RPG was a mistake.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-19, 20:40   #16
Kapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Majority of the times, RPG games just want to slow the players down from making a progress in the game.

Making AOD a RPG was a mistake.
I think the RPG elements in the reboot games are ok (upgrades system, currency). So personally I think those gameplay elements can work in TR, but in the case of AOD (like most things in the game) it was a matter of trying to do too much without enough time, knowledge, or resources.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 09:21   #17
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
I think the RPG elements in the reboot games are ok (upgrades system, currency). So personally I think those gameplay elements can work in TR, but in the case of AOD (like most things in the game) it was a matter of trying to do too much without enough time, knowledge, or resources.
Imo Core Design should have just copied the currency system from Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.(secret treasures give you money and then you can spend that money between levels buying ammunition and healing items.)

There was no need to make shops in the city areas.
Old 02-01-20, 19:00   #18
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Imo Core Design should have just copied the currency system from Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.(secret treasures give you money and then you can spend that money between levels buying ammunition and healing items.)

There was no need to make shops in the city areas.
Imagine if AOD featured the merchant from Resident Evil 4.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 11:12   #19
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Imagine if AOD featured the merchant from Resident Evil 4.
Or better, they could just add some upgrade stations in the whole game to allow players to buy items from it.

They could scrap all those strength mechanics from the level design and instead allowed the players to upgrade Lara's HP and Stamina in those upgrade stations alongside buying ammunition and herbs.