www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 18-02-16, 12:03   #1
Lara Croft 25
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider 3 FMV problem help

There was a sale on Tomb Raider games on steam the other day. I got many of the old classics. Unfortunately, none of the FMV cut-scenes will play correctly on the classic games. I'm on Windows 7. Additionally, TR3's the audio in the regular cutscenes is messed up as well (TR2 did not have that problem)

Please help. I don't know how to fix.
Lara Croft 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 13:13   #2
Cipher
Explorer

Download the patch here.
After installing the patch choose windows xp as the compatibility mode. Check the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box. This works for TR4.

Last edited by Cipher; 18-02-16 at 14:03.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 21:07   #3
Lara Croft 25
Hobbyist

Norton says it's not safe & removes it right away... Geez. Why does this have to be so complicated
Old 20-02-16, 22:59   #4
Lara Croft 25
Hobbyist

I downloaded the patch, but it did not seem to fix the issue. Unless I did something wrong? The FMVs still don't play. I have to hit ESC.

Additionally, I tried running TR3 in software mode & I just get a black screen & I have to restart my computer.

Please someone help. I just want these games to run properly (The FMVs and the music in TR3).
Old 21-02-16, 00:23   #5
Kirishima
Historian

2 ideas: set compatibility mode to windows vista or 98/95; try dgvoodoo2 (game itself may or may display graphics correctly, use at your own discretion).

If it still doesn't work, then you're computer may not be capable of playing the files back the way the game wants them to.

Last edited by Kirishima; 21-02-16 at 00:27.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-16, 13:56   #6
Cipher
Explorer

Try running the game in windowed mode. Follow the instructions in this thread.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=198753
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 19:38   #7
MilkShakespear
Student

I'm getting the same problem, playing TRIII off a Windows 7, getting other cutscenes but none of the FMVs. This is one of 3 threads I've found siting the problem, but none of them have an answer. Checked my settings, no option to disable FMVs. Sucks, but thankfully there are some great high def links with the full FMVs.
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 20:37   #8
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft 25 View Post
I downloaded the patch, but it did not seem to fix the issue. Unless I did something wrong? The FMVs still don't play. I have to hit ESC.

Additionally, I tried running TR3 in software mode & I just get a black screen & I have to restart my computer.

Please someone help. I just want these games to run properly (The FMVs and the music in TR3).
Do you know you're really not allowed to double or put more than 1 post into any thread into site?
Old 15-08-19, 21:34   #9
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Do you know you're really not allowed to double or put more than 1 post into any thread into site?
Says the one who writes long-ass posts full of non-sense and full of captions.

Says the one who doesn't give a **** about people's health and just continues asking for other remastered missing tracks (even if Ash already told you they were gonna do that.

Double posting is a little mistake. It can happen. And also, if a thread isn't visited in many days, if the thread won't have new posts it will be forgotten. Because if you edit your post, TRF won't recognize that the thread has been "updated".
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 02:11   #10
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Says the one who writes long-ass posts full of non-sense and full of captions.

Says the one who doesn't give a **** about people's health and just continues asking for other remastered missing tracks (even if Ash already told you they were gonna do that.

Double posting is a little mistake. It can happen. And also, if a thread isn't visited in many days, if the thread won't have new posts it will be forgotten. Because if you edit your post, TRF won't recognize that the thread has been "updated".
Ok. And I also explain the best I can to explain things. So I really hope you are not attacking me from any sign of insecurities...