Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 21-12-19, 21:05   #1
dg1995

Question Would you like Lara to get a love interest in the next game ?

I think that a love story for a TR game can really work if it's done right.

Just imagine having a character that Lara has a crush on. It can make the story in some ways more interesting.(Is he working for the bad guys ? Is he telling the truth to Lara ? Is he using Lara ? Or he is just searching for fortune and glory ? etc.)

Majority of the TR games never tried that. The only one that kinda did that was AOD but the sequels got cancelled and we never got a true closure to Kurtis and Lara love story.(And so it wasn't that good.)

The Angelina Jolie movies kinda had them but it wasn't really good.(Because she acted as an annoying and unlikable person in those movies. Weak plots also didn't help those relationships.)

-How can they do that ?

They can bring Kurtis back or make a original character for that purpose.

-What about the personality of him ?

1.They can make him an Indiana Jones type character.(After all Lara is a female IJ and she can have a lot in common with him which can make that relationship work.)

2.They can make him kinda similar to Kurtis.(Or make a reboot version of Kurtis.)

-I think Lara should see him as a person that is better than her. (Which is the only way to get Lara's attention.)

So, what do you guys think about it ?
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 21:09   #2
_Seth

I'm actually open minded to it. Providing CD/EM don't write and tell a story that looks like it was the work of a competition winner for once.

I would want him or her to better Lara and actually one up her in terms of skill level, and perhaps he or she could even have an actual personality.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 21:21   #3
Tombraider95

nope.

I would however like a rival "tomb raider" who is working for the same thing she is, who isn't a villain. So she has some competition. That could be fun.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 21:27   #4
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
nope.

I would however like a rival "tomb raider" who is working for the same thing she is, who isn't a villain. So she has some competition. That could be fun.
Indiana Jones 1 had that(Belloq) and they had to make him better than Indy to make that character a formidable threat for him.

So that rival character shouldn't be a poor man's Lara.
Old 21-12-19, 21:37   #5
Tomb Raidering

This couple? Meh... Wasn’t really interested in their ‘love’. I didn’t even see any chemistry between the two. Just a freak following our beloved Lara around.....

This couple was nice, there were a lot of potential. LAU Larson needed to return in Underworld... *sigh*

Rourke. He’s hot, he’s strong, he’s muscular, he’s intelligent, he has a sense of humor, he has a great accent, and most importantly he’s Lara’s now-forever-grateful butler...... ^.^

I could take anything other than Kurtis and Alex... But Rourke needs to resurrect in the next game.... period
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 21:51   #6
Nigel Cassidy

It's never gonna happen, but if I were in charge I'd make it the choice of the player. Have a yes or no moment were you have to select your choice. Just in case the player finds the love interest in question to be an irritating .
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 21:54   #7
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
albumid=547&pictureid=13485[/IMG]
Rourke. He’s hot, he’s strong, he’s muscular, he’s intelligent, he has a sense of humor, he has a great accent, and most importantly he’s Lara’s now-forever-grateful butler...... ^.^

I could take anything other than Kurtis and Alex... But Rourke needs to resurrect in the next game.... period
Funny I also liked Rourke.

"This is COMMANDER ROURKE."

But I hated this that he was just a minor bad guy.

Imo Larson was a far better character in TR Chronicles than that boring version that was in Anniversary.

For Kurtis, the only reason it was boring was this that it was underdeveloped like the majority of the ideas in that game.

Last edited by dg1995; 21-12-19 at 21:57.
Old 21-12-19, 21:57   #8
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
It's never gonna happen, but if I were in charge I'd make it the choice of the player. Have a yes or no moment were you have to select your choice. Just in case the player finds the love interest in question to be an irritating .
Multiple choices please! Rourke, Dominguez, Konstantin, Jonah, Jacob, LAU Larson, LAU Pierre, LAU Zip, LAU Alister........... my god! the possibilities! the replay value! Also make it so that you can ship (aka mix-and-match) villains! Dominguez and Natla? Rourke and Konstantin!
Old 21-12-19, 21:59   #9
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I don't think that choice system could really work since then they have to make lots of different cutscenes in the game with different possibilities.
Alongside far more different dialogues.
Old 21-12-19, 22:02   #10
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I don't think that choice system could really work since then they have to make lots of different cutscenes in the game with different possibilities.
Alongside far more different dialogues.
They could have made it.... with the effort that went into the immersion mode, tribal outfits, and the unreleased DLC8 (I mean, who hires actresses for localization and decide to not release the work?)
There’s already different cutscenes in GoL *Reboot Lara voice* Just a bit more...