www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 11:50   #18811
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
I remember reading something about her being heavily involved in the production process so I expected her to have some say in the script.
She was but Geneva's 3rd draft was re written after Alicia came into the project.

Last edited by Ellioft; Yesterday at 11:53.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25   #18812
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

If I remember correctly Alicia came and de'marvelized the script, removing some of the humour and making it more serious / emotional. Thank god she did.

Yeah, Richard coming in was very hard to swallow the first couple of watches, but now I just see it as it's own entity and establishment of Lara's origin. At least the outcome was the same and he gets killed. I just see it as he replaced Roth as her actual father rather than a father figure.

Last edited by James_Rutland; Yesterday at 12:27.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:42   #18813
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She was but Geneva's 3rd draft was re written after Alicia came into the project.
Iím talking about the sequel
Old Yesterday, 12:50   #18814
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

In fact, I remember a conversation with Alicia at the time of confinement for covid.

She spoke that she felt that the script of the movie (Ben Wheatley's) should change because it was very serious and now people wanted something more fun and pulp and light.

So, Alicia has always been very involved in the script since she came to Tomb Raider (as they have commented, changing the Marvel approach to something more serious) and then indicating changes to the script of Amy Jump. That is why it is extremely rare for her to say that she has not read Misha's script when Misha posted the draft several months ago.

My only theory is that this script has not received the Ok and the producers have asked for many changes and the script does not convince enough to think that the film can be filmed and Alicia prefers to be cautious.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:53   #18815
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
That is why it is extremely rare for her to say that she has not read Misha's script when Misha posted the draft several months ago.
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. I don’t think this sequel is so guaranteed to happen like people here think. It’s still a big “if”.
Old Yesterday, 12:53   #18816
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

That was for the Ben Wheatley version of the movie, but Alicia is friends with both him and Amy Jump. Amy herself might have decided to involve Alicia during the drafting of that script because of that connection.

As far as we know, Misha and Alicia might not even have met before, and because of it, this initial development time might be getting the standard "the actors give their opinion after the draft has been worked on by producers and studios" treatment.
Old Yesterday, 13:14   #18817
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
That was for the Ben Wheatley version of the movie, but Alicia is friends with both him and Amy Jump. Amy herself might have decided to involve Alicia during the drafting of that script because of that connection.

As far as we know, Misha and Alicia might not even have met before, and because of it, this initial development time might be getting the standard "the actors give their opinion after the draft has been worked on by producers and studios" treatment.
In a first movie I would say ok, but in a sequel it seems weird to me. The actors are usually involved in the sequel from the beginning of the process. Alicia could even be a producer (like Margot Robbie in Harley Quinn or Scarlett tin Black Widow)

Quote:
I don’t think this sequel is so guaranteed to happen like people here think. It’s still a big “if”.
I think that Misha's script has not been so well received as to get a green light. Hopefully it works and she doesn't end up giving up.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; Yesterday at 13:18.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:44   #18818
Ellioft
Professor

Anyway you don't send your first draft to an actor because it's the first phase of writting it's unpolished, I'm sure Misha want to give to Alicia her best work possible.