Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-12-21, 13:12   #29691
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Tomb Raider: Why Lara Croft's Original Era Is Best
https://www.thegamer.com/tomb-raider...-era-best/amp/

Quote:
Lara Croft is the best when she has triangle-shaped boobs and an assault course in her garden.

A sassy heroine, exotic locations, high-adrenaline adventures, numerous outfit changes, treacherous betrayals, near-death experiences, crumbling temples, and powerful artifacts. Tomb Raider 2 in particular has all of these as well as one of the highlights of the entire franchise, the assault course in Croft Manor.
Quote:
Lara is quite simply a kick-ass heroine and this straightforward and sassy version of her is still one I love to play as. I don’t need to worry about my companions, hunt for the right kind of weapon, or learn about optimization. I can just grab my pistols and backpack then go. I’m here to kick ass and raid tombs, and I’m all outta tombs.
Quote:
Over time, Lara Croft has changed. She’s now shinier and more realistic looking, with friends to keep her company and get themselves kidnapped so she has to go and find them. She cares about resting at campfires and upgrading her weapons. I, however, do not. Yes, I’ve played the newer games, and yes I’ve enjoyed them - mostly - but they’ll never compare to the absolute chaos of the Original Era, and that’s why it will always remain my favourite.
A nice read.
Old 06-12-21, 17:09   #29692
lance6439
Legend

Classic TR is the only important TR. What a neat article!
Old 06-12-21, 18:17   #29693
Raider8
Archaeologist

As a huge reboot fan, I'd still agree. Classic Lara was all alone on her own without having the need to worry about anyone or anything. She always got ehat she wanted without thinking once or being hesitant. Newer iterations just haven't managed to beat the sass and attitude of that girl. I don't know what CD is gonna do next, but they have to put this into her unified form.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 14:35   #29694
lance6439
Legend

Old 07-12-21, 15:56   #29695
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
So just that little effect added so much charisma to the whole thing…! I love Alicia Vikander and I think she is a stunning actress, very concise in her acting, but I do think no one has the legendary charisma that Angelina Jolie had. It could be also that I detest Reboot Lara… but she is just absolutely mesmerizing even with a deep fake.
Old 07-12-21, 16:37   #29696
Rai

It's literally Alicia's acting though, using her facial expressions, her mannerisms, and stance, you know, everything you need for charisma to show through. Slapping Angelina's face onto her adds absolutely nothing at all to the scenes. Whoever made it did a good job though.

Last edited by Rai; 07-12-21 at 16:50.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 17:28   #29697
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It's literally Alicia's acting though, using her facial expressions, her mannerisms, and stance, you know, everything you need for charisma to show through. Slapping Angelina's face onto her adds absolutely nothing at all to the scenes. Whoever made it did a good job though.
But yes, her face does change something because she strikes me as the Lara Croft I grew to like… that’s precisely my point.

It changes a lot because she seems familiar.
Old 07-12-21, 17:33   #29698
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
So just that little effect added so much charisma to the whole thing…! I love Alicia Vikander and I think she is a stunning actress, very concise in her acting, but I do think no one has the legendary charisma that Angelina Jolie had. It could be also that I detest Reboot Lara… but she is just absolutely mesmerizing even with a deep fake.
Probably the second considering it is still all Alicia I mean, it's still her voice, her mannerisms, her delivery, her acting, it's the same script etc. I mean, I can relate to preferring Angelina on the movie (I would KILL for the entire movie deep faked like that) for a variety of reasons, but I have to say it's a bit of a stretch to say there's more charisma in Angie's version when it's the exact same scene minus Lara's face.

On that note, I really wish someone would deep fake the movies to include a very faithful version of Lara. Imagine Angie Lara rocking auburn hair and brown eyes Or even a realistic looking AOD Lara omg I would DIE
Old 07-12-21, 17:59   #29699
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Probably the second considering it is still all Alicia I mean, it's still her voice, her mannerisms, her delivery, her acting, it's the same script etc. I mean, I can relate to preferring Angelina on the movie (I would KILL for the entire movie deep faked like that) for a variety of reasons, but I have to say it's a bit of a stretch to say there's more charisma in Angie's version when it's the exact same scene minus Lara's face.

On that note, I really wish someone would deep fake the movies to include a very faithful version of Lara. Imagine Angie Lara rocking auburn hair and brown eyes Or even a realistic looking AOD Lara omg I would DIE
I love Alicia Vikander, if anything she brought much more interesting elements to Reboot Lara. Just think Angie was A1. Anyone would have a hard time topping that.
Old 07-12-21, 18:11   #29700
biscuits
Relic Hunter

These deep fakes are so trippy
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote