Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old Yesterday, 14:12   #29691
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Tomb Raider: Why Lara Croft's Original Era Is Best
https://www.thegamer.com/tomb-raider...-era-best/amp/

Quote:
Lara Croft is the best when she has triangle-shaped boobs and an assault course in her garden.

A sassy heroine, exotic locations, high-adrenaline adventures, numerous outfit changes, treacherous betrayals, near-death experiences, crumbling temples, and powerful artifacts. Tomb Raider 2 in particular has all of these as well as one of the highlights of the entire franchise, the assault course in Croft Manor.
Quote:
Lara is quite simply a kick-ass heroine and this straightforward and sassy version of her is still one I love to play as. I donít need to worry about my companions, hunt for the right kind of weapon, or learn about optimization. I can just grab my pistols and backpack then go. Iím here to kick ass and raid tombs, and Iím all outta tombs.
Quote:
Over time, Lara Croft has changed. Sheís now shinier and more realistic looking, with friends to keep her company and get themselves kidnapped so she has to go and find them. She cares about resting at campfires and upgrading her weapons. I, however, do not. Yes, Iíve played the newer games, and yes Iíve enjoyed them - mostly - but theyíll never compare to the absolute chaos of the Original Era, and thatís why it will always remain my favourite.
A nice read.
Old Yesterday, 18:09   #29692
lance6439
Legend

Classic TR is the only important TR. What a neat article!
Old Yesterday, 19:17   #29693
Raider8
Archaeologist

As a huge reboot fan, I'd still agree. Classic Lara was all alone on her own without having the need to worry about anyone or anything. She always got ehat she wanted without thinking once or being hesitant. Newer iterations just haven't managed to beat the sass and attitude of that girl. I don't know what CD is gonna do next, but they have to put this into her unified form.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote