www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 07-12-21, 00:57   #111
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I don’t think that style fits her personality
It kinda does, reboot Lara is a survivor, she isn't a posh upper class girl like the previous versions of the character. It would be a testament to what she has gone through and how far she's come.

At least that's how I see it anyway.
Old 07-12-21, 01:01   #112
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It kinda does, reboot Lara is a survivor, she isn't a posh upper class girl like the previous versions of the character. It would be a testament to what she has gone through and how far she's come.

And the mullet would've been half gone so people would've gotten what they had wanted in a way lol.
Old 07-12-21, 01:04   #113
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I like the shaven sides and personally wouldn’t of minded having it. I don’t like the scar however. Unless it was expanded upon how she got it. I’m still a little gutted we never got to see the scar on her abdomen.

It would have been a great moment; After Lara breaks down (after her Rambo moment) Jonah is trying to get her to snap out of this breakdown, trying to decipher the riddle, Lara is brushing him off saying she’s making it worse and can’t carry on. Jonah gives her a pep talk, telling her how strong she’s become since Yamatai, she lifts her top up a little to show the scar, she touches it and we hear Lara saying “You don’t know how far I’ve come” from Rise played in the background. She closes her eyes, inhales, gets up, solves the riddle and off to San Jan we go.
Old 07-12-21, 01:08   #114
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
And the mullet would've been half gone so people would've gotten what they had wanted in a way lol.
Lmao exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
A haircut is a haircut and doesn.....I have my hair shaved on both sides, I guess that doesn't fit my personality either lol. I wonder if the braid would fit her personality? That probably wouldn't either lol.

Anyway, I am glad they didn't go with any of those haircuts. While they are cute. I just don't understand why developers think shaving the side of someone's head is always edgy and all of a sudden so trendy. It's been a trend, but now everyone wants to use it lol.
In this case I think it's a metaphor or a motif to Lara's obsession which was the overall theme of Shadow. She doesn't care about her looks, she doesn't care who stands in her way, she wanted the dagger and the box no matter the cost.

Actually I just had an epiphany, I think that's what they were doing with Shadow when Lara says it's all her fault. I kept believing there was nothing gray with Lara, but in reality there was a bit.

For example her involvement with Trinity in Cozumel caused the flood that killed people. Her pursuit of the people who killed her father lead to Etzi getting kidnapped and his mother getting killed. Throughout the game she chases after the Trinity and causes havok in her wake. It's why she cries when she thought Jonah was dead, she's been bottling away all her emotions in order to pursue Trinity and Jonah dying gave her shock and allowed her to feel what she's been blocking out. It was that moment when she realized she was far too obsessed with everything which allowed her to turn away from the temptations of the box at the end of the game and finally let her obsession go.

Shadows execution of the plot was bad imo, but the original theme fits with a lot of what they were planning on.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 07-12-21 at 01:09.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 01:32   #115
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post

The style is kinda too warrior-like for her. The mullet works best since it’s just a mess and that reflects her entire personality; messy.
Old 07-12-21, 01:36   #116
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
The style is kinda too warrior-like for her. The mullet works best since it’s just a mess and that reflects her entire personality; messy.
You have a point there.
Old 07-12-21, 02:48   #117
Rai

Quote:
Oh, I definitely think Lara is a warrior. But her personality is messy too. Perhaps not in the way you're thinking, whatever that is, but the way I see it, Lara's personality is messy because she's human and flawed - like humans are. She can be up one minute and down the next. She is fierce when needed, facing enemies, but she can be gentle and kind when she's helping kids, whether it's to help them from having to work or with finding 'treasure'. She's stubborn and determined, yet can also act a little like a petulant teenager. She cares deeply for Jonah and others and is protective. She's confident but then has doubts too when things aren't going to plan. It frustrates her when she hasn't got the answers because she feels that she should. So, yes, she's messy. And that's why I like her so much.

Last edited by Rai; 07-12-21 at 02:50.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 05:24   #118
.snake.
Archaeologist

I could see these hair concepts going down even worse than the enforced Paititi dress-code.

The whole point of what makes Lara so special and unique is that she is an anomaly in her environment - visually and as a character. Posh aristocrat who raids tombs. Upper class refined British accent vs. American thugs who say "Howdy". Lives in a mansion with a butler, but also happens to be a firearms expert. Has millions at her disposal but prefers eating beans on toast. Etc.

Its why fans want her in shorts and a tank top even if you'd never be safe wearing that sort of thing in a jungle environment. It's the same reason Buffy is a blonde valley girl who fights demons and kicks ass: It's supposed to be an anachronistic contrast.

I know Crystal's boring sap-song for years now has been "realism" - but they still fail at that regardless. She's able to sneak into a temple of male Serpent priests who have no female priestesses as the only woman wearing that green outfit while all her modern gear and weapons are showing underneath? And then we're also forced to wear that hideous green thing for long periods because of "realism"? What a joke.

Realism doesn't work in TR, not even for Lara. So I say, go in the opposite direction and make her the kick-ass contrast to her environments she was always meant to be.

Last edited by .snake.; 07-12-21 at 05:26.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 10:25   #119
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

^^^^^^

Totally Agree.

Old 07-12-21, 10:59   #120
Amunet
Archaeologist

Those concepts with the shaved hair and scars are definitely not to my taste. Really glad they weren't used.