www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-21, 11:59   #31
Celephais
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,176
Default

I always thought the cyan colour was intentional. it gives a sort of spooky, otherworldy glow to locations. Quite apt considering Set has been unleashed on the world.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 23:52   #32
Vitin_96
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
I always thought the cyan colour was intentional. it gives a sort of spooky, otherworldy glow to locations. Quite apt considering Set has been unleashed on the world.
Nah. Just look at the Dreamcast version, and it will become obvious that the fog colors on pc version were messed up. The Dreamcast has more natural, sand-like colors.
Vitin_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 06:47   #33
Celephais
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitin_96 View Post
Nah. Just look at the Dreamcast version, and it will become obvious that the fog colors on pc version were messed up. The Dreamcast has more natural, sand-like colors.
Well for me the PC version "mistake" can be called a "happy accident" then. I think the cyan fog is effective in conveying a mood
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 16:55   #34
.snake.
Archaeologist
 
.snake.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 1,678
Default

Core stopped using those fog bulbs though after the Karnak level. There might be one in City of the Dead, but I can't remember now if it's an actual fog bulb, just fog textures, or both. I do know though that you have to play the Giza levels without Volumetric FX enabled, or else the draw distance is awful and ruins what the Sphinx and pyramids look like.

So to me it seems more like something they experimented with and then decided not to continue.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 08:19   #35
Teeth
Archaeologist
 
Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
Posts: 2,018
Default

I wouldn't consider this a "fix", the crazy fog colours are fun and add to the game's atmosphere. Plus that red fog in Tomb of Seth is clearly a stylistic choice, not a bug.

This reminds me of that camera "fix" that just breaks the camera and renders parts of the game (like pole climbing) unplayable. And there's no way to just fix the holster bug without also "fixing" the camera
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 12:05   #36
Vitin_96
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
I wouldn't consider this a "fix", the crazy fog colours are fun and add to the game's atmosphere. Plus that red fog in Tomb of Seth is clearly a stylistic choice, not a bug.

This reminds me of that camera "fix" that just breaks the camera and renders parts of the game (like pole climbing) unplayable. And there's no way to just fix the holster bug without also "fixing" the camera
Well, not all the fog bulbs are wrong. As you said, some are stylistic choice. But comparing to the Dreamcast version, some of the fog bulbs on pc look out of place. In the begining of tomb of seth, that strong blue fog was supposed to be less strong, more white effect. The red one is definitely cool, though.
Vitin_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 12:24   #37
UroshUchiha
Explorer
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 641
Default

I never played the PS version of the game so for me the PC one is how it should look hahaha. Not gonna lie. I like the colored fog.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 20:24   #38
[Xmas]
Tomb Raider
 
[Xmas]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your Wildest Dreams
Posts: 12,287
Default

Hold up, the effect was glitched?! I always assumed all those crazy colors were actually meant to be there hence why I usually played the game with that feature turned off. The only place I actually enjoyed are the two rooms in Angkor Wat (the path of the heretical & the route of the virtuous). I believe the room you get when you don't find all the secrets has a pool in the center of the room and blue fog whereas the room Von Croy opens for Lara if she does find all of the golden skulls has no pool and there's a red hue instead
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 00:28   #39
Vitin_96
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
Hold up, the effect was glitched?! I always assumed all those crazy colors were actually meant to be there hence why I usually played the game with that feature turned off. The only place I actually enjoyed are the two rooms in Angkor Wat (the path of the heretical & the route of the virtuous). I believe the room you get when you don't find all the secrets has a pool in the center of the room and blue fog whereas the room Von Croy opens for Lara if she does find all of the golden skulls has no pool and there's a red hue instead
Here are some comparisons:

https://imgur.com/b5NHG54
https://imgur.com/qjnUIm5
PC:
https://imgur.com/cPx1m8d
Dreamcast:
https://imgur.com/TFniScB
PC:
https://imgur.com/1VWJbFR
Dreamcast:
https://imgur.com/fjbKoaf

On PC, sometimes you can't even see what's happening on screen because of the fog LOL
Vitin_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.