www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 20-12-21, 10:21   #1
dg1995
Archaeologist

Default Do you like Lara's radio companions ?

I personally dislike them. All of the radio companions of Lara(Winston,Jonah,Zip,Alister) are useless and do nothing other than telling Lara what to do and where to go.

I prefer her friends to be more useful characters than that.Kurtis actually helped Lara in some areas of AOD which makes him a better character than her radio crew.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 10:41   #2
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

I like them

It brings up immersion and makes the world feel alive instead of just Lara and some animals/monsters
Old 20-12-21, 11:24   #3
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I don't mind it, I just don't like the actual radio Stands out too much, and if we must have it, I'd rather Lara use a headset.
Old 20-12-21, 11:36   #4
Garrett_thief
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I don't mind it, I just don't like the actual radio Stands out too much, and if we must have it, I'd rather Lara use a headset.
You mean like in Legend?
Garrett_thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 11:36   #5
biscuits
Relic Hunter

It don't really mind it. I prefer exploring tombs in silence but having the occasional radio conversation isn't too bad.

I'm guessing we're gonna get Zip in the next game due to the recent anime news (even though Kaz and her LGBT rep is right there but whatever).
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 12:29   #6
Rai

I prefer the way it's done in the Survivor trilogy, with short bursts of chat between her and Jonah (or other) while she's off on a mission, while he's helping his end in some way. Although, if they keep it, they need to change the animation of her bending her neck, it looks very awkward to me. The chatter in Legend was a tad too much and distracting.
Old 20-12-21, 12:32   #7
Garrett_thief
Hobbyist

I don't mind them too much, the jocular banter can provide some relief.
Garrett_thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 12:40   #8
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I prefer the way it's done in the Survivor trilogy, with short bursts of chat between her and Jonah (or other) while she's off on a mission, while he's helping his end in some way. Although, if they keep it, they need to change the animation of her bending her neck, it looks very awkward to me. The chatter in Legend was a tad too much and distracting.
Oh my god yes! Everytime she bends her neck I cringe because of how painful it looks lol
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 13:21   #9
bublehed
Historian

Absolutely not, and I cannot stress how much I despise them!

Tomb Raider has always been about being isolated in mystical, abandoned, and eerie locations. The obnoxious companions completely ruin that vibe whenever they offer their unwarranted and unnecessary comments. This is the worst "Uncharted mechanic" that they've decided to "take inspiration from".

The only thoughts I want to hear are Lara's and my own. The rest of them can stay at home!
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-21, 13:46   #10
Pelagius
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by bublehed View Post
The only thoughts I want to hear are Lara's and my own. The rest of them can stay at home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I prefer the way it's done in the Survivor trilogy, with short bursts of chat between her and Jonah (or other) while she's off on a mission, while he's helping his end in some way.
Having conversations and bonding with a support crew back at 'base camp' while Lara enjoys her Me Time during core missions might be the safest compromise. (If she were actually allowed to enjoy her job, at least.)

Odd that no-one's mentioning GoL or ToO?

I found Zip/Alister pretty amusing myself and I think they got more blowback than they deserved, but I can understand the argument for blissful solitude being more true to the series' roots. Might be a better fit for 'explorer mode', psychologically.
Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote