Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 05-11-21, 15:08   #21
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshir0 View Post
Im posting here to inform Ameliorator that he's updated version 2.15 of oldgen + isn't working for me. I have no issues whit v 2.14.
Also i'd like to know where to download upgraded loading screens and skyboxes mods. The apposit thread has no links.... neither this one.
Hi Kenshir0, I'm sorry about the confusion. I checked my links and it turns out I've had the old, broken versions of the mods linked instead of the newest versions. I have no idea how I messed that up but thank you for pointing this out to me. Everything should be working fine now
Ameliorator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 16:37   #22
Ameliorator

Default OldGen+ Version 2.17

Here's a new update for the OldGen+ mod. I noticed some of Lara's outfits had fingers that were missing fingernails and all of her belt buckles were actually lined up incorrectly so I've fixed those issues. I also discovered that in next-gen, some of Lara's outfits have really cool, unique belt buckles that match the themes of the outfits. In old-gen however, she has the same belt buckle for almost every outfit so I thought it would be better to use these unique belt buckles in old-gen. Additionally, I altered the Classic outfit belt buckle to be gold so that it actually matches Lara's classic outfit (which had a gold buckle).

Other random fixes that I've made include correcting the shading on her snowsuit outfit, swapping the incorrect plain white shirt on the goth outfit with the correct lace version, fixing the alignment of the silver stud and black stud earrings on the goth outfits, using even more higher quality textures that were found in the next-gen version (the 2 tapestries in Croft Manor are real tapestries, so I was able to make HQ versions of them from images online) and making some more texture alignment fixes.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29 - Copy.png
Views:	107
Size:	598.8 KB
ID:	600   Click image for larger version

Name:	25 - Copy.png
Views:	106
Size:	748.2 KB
ID:	602   Click image for larger version

Name:	38 - Copy.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	605  

Last edited by Ameliorator; 04-08-23 at 15:42.
Old 06-11-21, 14:11   #23
Kenshir0

Great! It's all warking now. Thank you for your good job and the new updated oldgen +. Thanks again
Kenshir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 16:23   #24
Kenshir0

I see that invernal outfits have empty squares at the sides of the belt but only in the loading screens. Is this a base game bug or an oldgen + mod bug?
Old 06-11-21, 17:39   #25
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshir0 View Post
I see that invernal outfits have empty squares at the sides of the belt but only in the loading screens. Is this a base game bug or an oldgen + mod bug?
Hey again, thanks for your support

The empty squares on the belt are there because I had to remove that section of her belt in order to stop it clipping through her grapple. It’s fine when playing levels because the removed squares are hidden by her grapple and binoculars but in outfit selection, you’ll notice her gear doesn’t show up. That’s why you can see the removed squares. I thought this was fine because you only see it for a few seconds when selecting an outfit and it looks perfect outside of that
Old 07-11-21, 20:36   #26
Kenshir0

That's ok for me. I was only curious.
Old 12-11-21, 07:36   #27
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliorator View Post
I also discovered that in next-gen, some of Lara's outfits have really cool, unique belt buckles that match the themes of the outfits. In old-gen however, she has the same belt buckle for almost every outfit so I thought it would be better to use these unique belt buckles in old-gen.
It's a great idea to import all the unique belt buckles into Old Gen and it almost feels like collectibles. Keep up the good work!
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 00:44   #28
Ameliorator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
It's a great idea to import all the unique belt buckles into Old Gen and it almost feels like collectibles. Keep up the good work!
Hey thank you and nice to see you here again! I agree about the buckles. There’s actually a unique buckle in next gen for the sport outfits too but sadly in old gen she uses the same gear in the sports outfits as the shorts and crop top outfits so it can’t be changed. I’m still finding more and more cool things like this though, going through each level

Last edited by Ameliorator; 13-11-21 at 00:46.
Old 16-11-21, 08:08   #29
Ameliorator

Default OldGen+ Version 2.18

Hi everyone, here's another new update for the OldGen+ mod. Some more random and miscellaneous fixes throughout the game including improved quality of the UI like her weapon aiming reticle, the blue checkpoint diamond and fixing some parts of the inventory square to be more centred.

Firstly, I have been able to create a much higher quality sword of Excalibur texture using concept art of it from the game. In Croft Manor, I found another higher quality texture for one of the portraits. This is the one of Kain from the Legacy of Kain in the main hall. In Peru, I discovered that the glowing orbs in the tomb section were using the incorrect coloured orbs. They're supposed to be purple so I've swapped them for the purple orb in the level files. In Japan, the 3 TVs in the party room had transparent holes in the back of them which glitched so you could see right through the TV to the other side. I found the texture that is supposed to be there filling the holes so I restored that.

There are also a few more fixes for the Japan party guests. I found higher quality version of the outfits in next gen for 4 of the guests. I also corrected the weird shading on one of the dress types.

Some comparison pictures:

Last edited by Ameliorator; 18-11-21 at 16:14.
Old 16-11-21, 10:45   #30
ATombRaiderFan

Thumbs up

You are doing god's work, Ameliorator
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote