Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-11-21, 02:47   #11
charmedangelin

I'm so glad this is going to be available on PS4 and PS5. I still have to finish Bloodborne and play Sekiro in order to get caught up. From Software games are my all time favorite video games.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 08:09   #12
JayB_1988

JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 15:36   #13
Mani_Man

Visual it has this fantastic Souls look that gives it a very interesting and unique feeling...but for my liking too much of a soulslike game.

The Game style is just not very enjoyable or challenging to me, i cant immerse myself or get a flow in the way the gameplay is built.
Its just not my thing to play.

But it looks so interesting and watching it is a lot of fun to me.
Im super happy for Souls fans because they seem to get their beloved formula expanded...thats really neat.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-21, 21:04   #14
JayB_1988

The BEAUTY of ELDEN RING !

JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 02:08   #15
Tombcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post

@ Tombcool: which boss gave you problems in DS3?
It’s not the bosses , it was more so the enemies. I gave up after the second boss. Do you think I should continue ? I’m on my third play through of Bloodborne and still trying to get through Sekiro but may consider going back to DS3. Lol

Did you beat the Dark Souls games Yuna?

I recently watched a gameplay video of the Soul of Cinder boss fight and don’t know how anyone could beat the final boss of DS3. It just seems too difficult.

Ps. I have not beaten the DLC of bloodborne. I can’t beat Orphan of Kos. I don’t know how anyone can.
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 02:29   #16
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombcool View Post
Ps. I have not beaten the DLC of bloodborne. I can’t beat Orphan of Kos. I don’t know how anyone can.
But you did beat Ludwig and Maria, so there is skill and determination there Orphan is a bully, but there are some nice strategies out there to make him less of a menace.

Yes, I've completed all the souls games, from Demon's Souls to Sekiro. My favourite Dark Souls game is the first one. Bloodborne is sometimes my most liked Soulsborne, and sometimes it's second only to the first Dark Souls. It's current mood dependent.

I think you should get back to Dark Souls 3. I consider Bloodborne's overall difficulty to be quite on par with DS3's.

Don't watch more fights and have a go at them yourself!
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-21, 17:22   #17
GFY2013

Quote:
You are making me so jealous right now lol.

I think what I loved the most about what I saw in the previews was the art direction and level design.

Out of all the bosses you defeated, who was your favourite ? I wish you took screenshots or a video !

Have you played any of the other FromSoftware games?

You see, I beat Bloodborne many times but couldnÂ’t beat Dark Souls 3 as I found it way too hard. And I didnÂ’t try the first two Dark Souls and IÂ’m still trying to get through Sekiro. I think the reason why I like Bloodborne and Sekiro so much is how fast paced they are.
Maybe I did took some screenshots and clips, maybe I didn't. (But I definitely cannot show it even if I did, especially full length videos.)

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/bUP3Q0n.png[/IMG]
(do other tags not work inside spoiler tags?)

My favorite boss was definitely
Margit, and the Bloodhound Knight Darriwil. Margit doesn't have too much health, but he has really punishing timings that if you **** up, you're like 100% dead. Darriwil reminded me a lot of Bloodborne, and I really liked how the fight went, I really enjoyed the music too!

And yes, I played Ds1, Ds3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. My favorite gotta be Bloodborne and Sekiro. Bloodborne is just iconic and the trick weapons are so fun to use. The dungeons and farming for random blood gems makes the game's replayability even higher. LOOOOVE it. Also love the aesthetic. Let me know mention the music, god, SO GOOD!

Ngl, Sekiro is the hardest game I've ever played -- I loved that combat system they made up, you really gotta focus and just give the enemies your all. Really love it. All of these games have insane level of detail in their level design and art direction, and Elden Ring is no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I read the big baddies (as in, the actual story bosses) weren't part of the network test.

It's great there are so many bosses scattered everywhere, but I hope it's not quantity > quality.

Good to know you are having a great time, GFY!

I checked a PS4 vs PS4 pro vs PS5 video and I'm happy to say the PS4 version is definitely playable and still a solid option.

@ Tombcool: which boss gave you problems in DS3?
There is basically one story boss, and I liked him a lot. I talk about him in the spoiler tag above.

I played on the slim PS4, and idk if it was my PS4 only, but sometimes I had bad framedrops, which I don't see in any other PS4 video: there's still a long way to go and the game will be optimized even more I'm sure. Although these few framedrops didn't make the experience any less enjoyable.

Everything is very cleverly placed on the map, every cranny is worth checking out -- it doesnt feel like they've ran out of ideas on what to put in spots. But I do have to say probably most of the items in CNT are just placeholder only.

Quote:
It’s not the bosses , it was more so the enemies. I gave up after the second boss. Do you think I should continue ? I’m on my third play through of Bloodborne and still trying to get through Sekiro but may consider going back to DS3. Lol

I recently watched a gameplay video of the Soul of Cinder boss fight and don’t know how anyone could beat the final boss of DS3. It just seems too difficult.

Don't give up! You can do it. You could try focusing on your dodges first: be passive and just learn the dodge patterns, and learn when is the good time to attack, and when is not. What also helps me is watch others defeat a boss, see their mistakes and learn from them too.

EDIT: god i miss the game already, February cant come soon enough

Last edited by GFY2013; 15-11-21 at 17:33.
GFY2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-21, 12:00   #18
Yuna´s Wish

Thanks for the info and for sharing your experience as one who played it on PS4, GFY

While not impossible, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find proper details on how games run on PS4 now that the PS5 is more "tangible". Professional reviewers just play on whatever more advanced console they own, so I'm a left a bit in the dark.

I can't wait to be a Tarnished in February (hopefully)!
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-21, 12:24   #19
Mani_Man

Quote:

The trick with these kind of games is patience and finding the pattern, thats about it really.
It can get frustrating, especially if you are a gamer like me who has a certain flow or pacing to how he plays.

The Soulslike game constantly stop you on this flow and demand that you play it their way.
But with patience and observation, it shouldnt be too hard.

Every enemy has a certain pattern, a set of animations and pause for the player to attack.

Until Bloodborne i have prepared Defense builds for that very reason...at least on the bosses.
I equipped what gave me the most health, stamina and defense.
Then i gave it a go and looked at the Boss and how he fights, how he moves and where he pauses, where openings are.
Back then i even did the kind of 1 hit and run tactic where you only hit the boss once before going back into the defense.
But that didnt last long because im not patient enough and need my own Rhythm.

If you play enough while looking for the pauses, you kind of get a feeling for it.
Thats when the games sadly lost me, because once you get used to the soulslike gameplay style, it loses its uniqueness and becomes rather boring to play.
Others like it for that approach etc, i personally dont...its too predictable.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-21, 23:27   #20
Kidd Bowyer

Man, it sounds like there's gonna be a lot of fun ways to adapt and try out fun stuff...
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote