Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-10-18, 00:32   #6051
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Furthermore what part of the game was this cut from? My guess is the ending after Heather kills God, turns around and looks back.
Yeah, IIRC there’s an official making of video with Team Silent that showed the ending but kept the crying sound effect in. It makes sense; the cult’s god is eternal, right? It manifested to give Harry a part of itself inside a new born (making Alessa then the “daughter” of god), so it probably appeared in some form, likely another baby, as it died at Heather’s hands.

Makes you wonder what really happened.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-18, 01:58   #6052
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Yeah, IIRC there’s an official making of video with Team Silent that showed the ending but kept the crying sound effect in. It makes sense; the cult’s god is eternal, right? It manifested to give Harry a part of itself inside a new born (making Alessa then the “daughter” of god), so it probably appeared in some form, likely another baby, as it died at Heather’s hands.

So they cut the this out because it would potentially leave for unanswered questions if God really died, and would beacon for a sequel. That or leave a perma-mystery.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 15:41   #6053
SilentRain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post

Dang, I didn't know this. That's quite wonderfully disturbing. Makes me wonder why they cut it out?
SilentRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 17:14   #6054
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRain View Post
Dang, I didn't know this. That's quite wonderfully disturbing. Makes me wonder why they cut it out?
Tolerance toward violence was definitely lower in the 2000s. For instance, we get to see the Fukuro Lady really really briefly (and partly) in SH3 because back then it was still "too much"... When it's nothing compared to what we face today in medias. People were more sensitive.

So the idea, or even the suggestion, that a baby is killed in a video game was probably too much. They played safe, even if it meant affecting the artistic integrity.

Makes me wonder how Outlast would look like had it been released 20 years ago.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 00:06   #6055
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Tolerance toward violence was definitely lower in the 2000s. For instance, we get to see the Fukuro Lady really really briefly (and partly) in SH3 because back then it was still "too much"... When it's nothing compared to what we face today in medias. People were more sensitive.

So the idea, or even the suggestion, that a baby is killed in a video game was probably too much. They played safe, even if it meant affecting the artistic integrity.

Makes me wonder how Outlast would look like had it been released 20 years ago.
We see a lot more of Lady, Fukuro in the DVD...
So that's the distressing baby crying? It was getting killed eh? Or rebirth of god, signalling this is never over.
In a weird way I'm kinda glad it wasn't included, not sure my heart could take hearing that baby cry like that every replay.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 13:01   #6056
dcw123

I guess they maybe just wanted the trilogy originally and that was it - if they kept the ending open like that... who knows what would have happened.

I do miss the older style - not the now infamous cliche that every sequel did after that which was basically 'copy/paste SH2, town is evil, repressed memories etc etc'
I guess there was only so much they could do with the Order storyline anyway.

The Shepard's Glen Cult from SHH was interesting - a sect which left the Order and moved away - it still kept the main 'SH' stuff intact even if it did heavily borrow from the terrible movie.
I would love to see SH1 remade properly - not including the spin off SHSM - which was ironically an alternate timeline based off of the Bad Ending SH1.

P.T looked so promising - so sad to see that never got redone or refunctioned into another SH project
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 13:10   #6057
Dennis's Mom

If you're on Twitter and not over P.T., this is good follow: https://twitter.com/manfightdragon

He's breaking down the code to see what's in there, whether it can be tripped by actual gameplay or just discarded and left in there.

He's managed to make Lisa visible the entire time, and she's there a LOT more than you realized.

I don't have this on my own PS4, so this is another reason I can't wait to visit Douglas in Japan next March.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 19:12   #6058
dg1995

Can't you guys let it die ?

It's annoying to get reminded by it every months.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 01:28   #6059
KManX89

Well, ladies and gents, there's a new Silent Hill in town...

AND IT'S A SLOT MACHINE! Konami strikes again!

I told you not to get your hopes up when news broke that Konami renewed the Silent Hill trademark and, well, I told you so.

So yeah, we might as well accept that a new Silent Hill game has about as good a chance of happening as Half Life 3 at this point, which is virtually 0 (some people actually still think HL3 might one day happen, but then again, some people still believe in Bigfoot, so...).

Even if it did, can anyone honestly expect modern day Konami NOT to it up after the bungled disasters that were Metal Gear Survive and Contra Rogue Corps?

I will say this, though: at least they're honest about selling gambling, unlike the EAs and 2Ks of the world.

Last edited by KManX89; 13-10-19 at 01:35.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 11:07   #6060
noonbob

I do not think anyone is surprised They are trash.
Like you say a new SH game by them would probably be **** anyway.

I'll keep dreaming that one day a somebody will give Konami an offer they cannot refuse to buy the IP and get a good company to make new SH games.
I'm sure I'll be long dead before that happens (if ever).

Recently played through SH4 The Room, now it's not the best but still an underrated game.

Last edited by noonbob; 13-10-19 at 11:08.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote