Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 25-11-19, 16:07   #2151
jackali
Golden

I can see similarities, but what makes you say they used Gex as a starting point?
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-19, 17:35   #2152
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's funny how they don't realize that Intellion is based off of the spy Gecko from PS1.

Gex
You know what? I would’ve never thought of that. Inteleon is a beast. You can basically one shot KO anything on the field and it’s fast. I like how it shakes its leg when it dynamaxes, sort of like Elvis. Inteleon is a sassy starter, and I love it lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-19, 03:35   #2153
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
It’s a great game you are definitely going to enjoy it. It has it’s tough moments too lol.
Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to playing the game. I will probably start with the Water-type starter like I usually do. I read other people saying that this game had some challenging moments too, which I hope is true. S/M was actually pretty challenging at times, so I hope it improves on that challenge.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 21:05   #2154
AntRaidsTombs

People will have a max raid battle with a rare Pokemon and have it locked with a passcode. That is so annoying lol.
Old 08-12-19, 18:19   #2155
trfan16

I got the Shield version last week and loving it so far for the most part. I'm at the 7th gym right now. The gym challenges and gym leaders are definitely improved from the last two generations. A lot of my gym leader matches have come down to the wire. The new Pokemon are better than the Kalos and Alola Pokemon. There are a lot Galar Pokemon I want on my team. Orbeetle is my new favorite one so far. Frosmoth is another one of my favorites.

Story is pretty good so far. I like how simple it is without having all the cutscenes like in Sun/Moon. My only complaint is that all of the cutscenes with Hop feels a little bit intrusive.

I'm not a fan of G-Max though. It's an OK feature, but it feels like Game Freak put too much time into this when that time could've been used to fill up the National Dex or introducing new Pokemon. Especially since G-Maxing is essentially a combination of Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. And we probably won't see it again outside of Galar.
Old 10-12-19, 18:36   #2156
AntRaidsTombs

I finally caught a Gigantamax Flapple. I’m happy lol.
Old 10-12-19, 21:06   #2157
Lenochka
Golden

I finished Shield a week or so after it came out, but I haven't felt much of a reason to go back. While I enjoyed the game for what it was, there was a part of me that couldn't fully enjoy the experience finding star piece after star piece, but knowing I'll never get to have a Starmie on my team to take on the league It felt like they were teasing me having chunks of Staryu/Starmie's gem throughout the region as treasure, but not the actual mon haha. I'm really sad that gamefreak took such a huge step forward with these new games in terms of finally putting them on a home console, just to step backward by not including all the Pokemon. I get that the Pokedex is getting bigger and bigger, but I really wish they would have hired more people on or something to make it possible.

Last edited by Lenochka; 10-12-19 at 21:23.
Lenochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 19:14   #2158
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenochka View Post
I finished Shield a week or so after it came out, but I haven't felt much of a reason to go back. While I enjoyed the game for what it was, there was a part of me that couldn't fully enjoy the experience finding star piece after star piece, but knowing I'll never get to have a Starmie on my team to take on the league It felt like they were teasing me having chunks of Staryu/Starmie's gem throughout the region as treasure, but not the actual mon haha. I'm really sad that gamefreak took such a huge step forward with these new games in terms of finally putting them on a home console, just to step backward by not including all the Pokemon. I get that the Pokedex is getting bigger and bigger, but I really wish they would have hired more people on or something to make it possible.
I feel the same way. I'm at the Champion battle now, and while the game has been enjoyable, it feels underwhelming. My main complaint is that the main story felt too short. When I noticed that the map only had 10 routes, I was really hoping that the game wouldn't be this short. I thought maybe the routes would be longer. But then I noticed how quick I was completing the gym challenges and noticed that this game felt short than others. It was also pretty lame that Victory Road was reduced to a short route with a few trainer battles. No proper dungeons or anything. And the Championship finale, while challenging, didn't feel satisfying like the previous games. I don't mind rematching the gym leaders for the Championship battle. But the fact the game always heals your team after every match makes it too easy. The Championship battle against Leon was great though, so I will give them credit for that.

Overall, I give this game an 8/10. Despite my complaints about this game, it was still fun to play and I like some of the new additions like the Wild Area and the challenge was much better this time around. Also, a lot of the new Pokemon they added were great as well. I just wish they would've added more past gen Pokemon though as well.
Old 16-12-19, 04:39   #2159
charmedangelin

Haven't played it yet, will on Christmas. Does the game have gym rematches? Can you rematch all 8 gyms and the champion?

Any other note worthy post game because from what I hear this game is lacking in the post game department.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 16:44   #2160
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Haven't played it yet, will on Christmas. Does the game have gym rematches? Can you rematch all 8 gyms and the champion?

Any other note worthy post game because from what I hear this game is lacking in the post game department.
It’s done differently (I don’t want to spoil anything) but you can rematch the gym leaders and the champion. However, the champion rematch battle has to be unlocked (you have to find him). The post game story is not lacking either, but to each it’s own. It’s actually quite good. It’s much better than facing Rainbow Rocket lol.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 17-12-19 at 23:10.