www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 23-08-19, 11:24   #17421
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Yeah, i'm sick of these tribal/villager people!

If i wanted to see villager people, I would go to the small town my dad grew up in.
The problem with the reboot era is there are just too many conveniently undiscovered communities and undead armies. Itís just so dandy and the interesting thing is not running round a living breathing Paititi but running around the ruins wondering how people lived. To me vilcabamba would have been more boring had it been inhabited.
Old 23-08-19, 12:24   #17422
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The problem with the reboot era is there are just too many conveniently undiscovered communities and undead armies. Itís just so dandy and the interesting thing is not running round a living breathing Paititi but running around the ruins wondering how people lived. To me vilcabamba would have been more boring had it been inhabited.
I think you hit the mark.

I was really excited when I found the Lost Village in Paititi. It was soo eeerie and filled with mystery. It's more fun when you wonder, "how?" rather than seeing it for yourself.
Old 23-08-19, 12:55   #17423
Shirley_Manson
Professor

I too miss being all alone with no one around for hundreds of miles and for hundreds of years. This made Tomb Raider 1 so interesting in the first place. It feels like you're an actual archaeologist, uncovering history for the first time after eons.
Knowing there's some villagers around the corner to save your ass takes a lot of mystery and danger out of it. :/
Old 23-08-19, 12:59   #17424
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I too miss being all alone with no one around for hundreds of miles and for hundreds of years. This made Tomb Raider 1 so interesting in the first place. It feels like you're an actual archaeologist, uncovering history for the first time after eons.
Knowing there's some villagers around the corner to save your ass takes a lot of mystery and danger out of it. :/
The villagers feel lifeless too lol. Like you can't kill them. You can't interact with them in any meaningful way. :|

They do the same scripted thing.
Old 23-08-19, 20:04   #17425
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

What do you guys think of the new totaku figure. It's gorgeous and the pose is amazing. I really like the Shadow one and this is definitely on par with that one.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-19, 20:07   #17426
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
What do you guys think of the new totaku figure. It's gorgeous and the pose is amazing. I really like the Shadow one and this is definitely on par with that one.
What I saw of it wasn't bad, but I couldn't find any closeups of her face. One of the plainer Lara Croft statues I've seen in recent years.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-19, 20:09   #17427
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin View Post
What I saw of it wasn't bad, but I couldn't find any closeups of her face. One of the plainer Lara Croft statues I've seen in recent years.
It's not a statue. It's a $12 miniature. Really tiny. You can't ask for more at that price. The Shadow one impressed me so much when I saw it person.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-19, 20:11   #17428
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Quote:
It's not a statue. It's a $12 miniature. Really tiny. You can't ask for more at that price. The Shadow one impressed me so much when I saw it person.
Ah, I see. Well, sure, she's fine then. I'd still like to see a closeup of her face. There have been some hideous Lara Croft action figures throughout the years.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-19, 20:12   #17429
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I think it's alright! It seemed plain from the pictures I saw though.
------
Saw a screenshot of TR (definitive edition?) WOW i don't remember Lara's hair looking that good.

I think after Puffy the Bird's Nest and Shadow of the Puffy Nest, I miss the toned down TR2013 hair (even though the fringe is still horrid)

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 23-08-19 at 20:21.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-19, 21:19   #17430
LateRaider

her tr2013 fringe is honestly iconic
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote