Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 23-01-15, 08:43   #11
TRJTA

I still can't get it to work I read the help file thoroughly, but the texture just stays white. Can you please explain step by step how you make it work?
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 10:32   #12
AODfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
You're doing it?
I could upload it once I'm done
Would it be possible to have different texture packs in the Mods folder so you could easily change them with a couple of clicks? (like in glidos for example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
I still can't get it to work I read the help file thoroughly, but the texture just stays white. Can you please explain step by step how you make it work?
Make sure you have the untouched textures in the Dumps folder and your edited textures under the same name in the Replacements folder
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 12:54   #13
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
I could upload it once I'm done
Would it be possible to have different texture packs in the Mods folder so you could easily change them with a couple of clicks? (like in glidos for example)

Make sure you have the untouched textures in the Dumps folder and your edited textures under the same name in the Replacements folder
I did, it still doesn't work :S
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 13:14   #14
AODfan

What I did is run the game in devmode and export the textures. Then I copied them over to the Replacements folder (so I have them in both folders)
I only edited the textures in the Replacements folder. If you have dump._dds in your dumps folder either delete it or run Compiler.exe again. The game ignores all textures if this file is present.
Old 23-01-15, 14:11   #15
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

The dump0.dds even after using splitter5 is not opening as a texture.

I tried GIMP 2.6 to open the texture and its says unknown file type?

GIMP should open the texture

What paint program are you using to change or modify dds?

Last edited by The Great Chi; 23-01-15 at 16:29.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 14:30   #16
AODfan

I used this dds plugin for GIMP to open them
Old 23-01-15, 14:35   #17
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
I used this dds plugin for GIMP to open them
Thanks

EDIT....I am now totally stuck. I have changed textures, and have them in the replacements folder, and taken all the original textures out of the dumps folder, Also changed 'True' back to 'false' to get rid of dump textures box in the top left corner, ran the tomb2fix.exe, and its just the same old textures.

There is a lack of instructions here, the help information does not go into detail, so makes it very difficult to understand. We need step by step instructions.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-04-15 at 14:46.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 15:55   #18
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Run the game's setup, select the resolution, than start the game: it will be at the correct aspect ratio. Help.exe has all the info you need, including a shortcut to start the game's setup
Looks like I managed to get it to work. However, Tomb2Fix still doesn't see my savegame data from the main game directory... do I have to copy them over or otherwise it won't read them?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 16:06   #19
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
If the texture is white, good, the patch recognized the texture that must be replaced but failed to load the replacement, check the format your using for replacements: the patch accepts dds textures in X1R5G5B5, R5G6B5, A1R5G5B5 and A8R8G8B8 formats, if the texture doesn't load: (keep an eye on the console (in devmode), it will print an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Thanks

EDIT....I am now totally stuck. I have changed textures, and have them in the replacements folder, and taken all the original textures out of the dumps folder, Also changed 'True' back to 'false' to get rid of dump textures box in the top left corner, ran the tomb2fix.exe, and its just the same old textures.

There is a lack of instructions here, the help information does not go into detail, so makes it very difficult to understand. We need step by step instructions.
The original textures must remain in the dumps folder: unless you compile them. Also if you dump another texture, you must compile all textures again.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-15, 16:07   #20
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Looks like I managed to get it to work. However, Tomb2Fix still doesn't see my savegame data from the main game directory... do I have to copy them over or otherwise it won't read them?
That was not supposed to happen, try to put your saves in the mods directory

Can it create new saves ?

Last edited by Peixoto; 23-01-15 at 16:34.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote