www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-04-18, 15:11   #11
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
This looks super interesting, and I'm actually a fan of the FPP, I think it definitely makes it more immersive. There's no HUD or game markers, which might just be for the cinematic, but would be cool if that was actually in the game. I like games not reminding us that they are games.
I get motion sickness for one.

Second, how can those disembodied hands not make your realize you're playing a game? I think they always look so unnatural and out of place. Who do they think their fooling? My hands are in my lap holding a controller. I can feel it. But mostly, it's the motion sickness.
Old 12-04-18, 21:00   #12
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

Second, how can those disembodied hands not make your realize you're playing a game? I think they always look so unnatural and out of place. Who do they think their fooling? My hands are in my lap holding a controller. I can feel it. But mostly, it's the motion sickness.
Totally the opposite for the First person games I play. I feel immersed, like those arms and hands coming from the sides of the screen are mine but in a different character. One and the same, yet different. Same with third person games, where the camera opens the world to you. I soak up the setting and locations.
Old 23-04-18, 17:31   #13
Samsdad
Relic Hunter

I see that Campo Santo was just acquired by Valve.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...r-campo-santo/

Last edited by Samsdad; 23-04-18 at 17:32.
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 21:01   #14
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post

I'm like you, I've always gotten motion sickness with fp games and really quickly too. And yet with Firewatch I didn't at all....... and so I'm expecting I may not with this one either. I think for some fp games these days, they are managing to adjust the sway / control mechanics so that motion sickness is really reduced even for people like you and I. So you never know, you might be able to play it....
Old 25-04-18, 21:20   #15
Dennis's Mom

Is it worth the chance though? There's nothing worse than being seasick.
Old 06-12-19, 02:48   #16
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

In the Valley of Gods has been “put on hold.”

Quote:
To fans looking forward to In the Valley of Gods, it’s probably clear that the optimistic “2019” at the end of the announcement trailer isn’t going to be accurate. In the end, Valve Time makes fools of us all. But yes, developers from the former Campo Santo team have joined other projects at Valve, including Half-Life: Alyx. As you can imagine, our experience in the first-person adventure genre is pretty relevant. You hear a lot about how at Valve you can work on what you want. It turns out that’s true, and there’s a lot of work available. As we integrated ourselves into Valve it became clear there was a lot of valuable work to be done on Half-Life: Alyx. Some of us starting lending a hand, and have since become full-time on the project as it approaches launch. Similarly, some ex-Campos are working on Dota Underlords, some are on Steam, and so on. So to answer your question as of today, In the Valley of Gods development is on hold—but it certainly feels like a project people can and may return to. And when that happens, we’ll find an exciting way to let fans know.
Source

I’m so pissed. I was looking forward to this SO much. Firewatch is one of my favorite games of all time. Now this game is basically canceled. **** Valve.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 06-12-19 at 02:53.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 03:35   #17
Zebra
Legend

To be fair, if Valve really works the way people like to say it does, internally, then the Campo Santo folk decided to put it on hold themselves. Supposedly, everyone at Valve can decide what they want to work on which would mean that these people decided they didn't currently want to work on In the Valley of the Gods. I agree that it's disappointing, though.