Old 01-11-17, 19:15   #26854
Grimaldi

Suit yourselves.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 21:13   #26855
KManX89

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
As Grimaldi said, this doesn't proove Chris doesn't like men. He's just saying he thinks age shouldn't be an issue. I did feel there was chemistry between Chris and Piers, that's precisely the reason why I ship them. And well, the fact they deleted that line means it's non-canon. The fact it's there is probably because they hadn't time to delete it. I always thought Chris was the kind of guy who could fell in love with any kind of human being just for who he is inside, men or women.

I think Chris is Piersexual.
But, again, why would they put that audio in the game in the first place if he wasn't into women? Yeah, it was deleted because it didn't fit in with the game's narrative, it seems like a random thing to bring up right before their big encounter with Wesker.

It's also counter-intuitive for them to have Chris dating a woman in the second viral video for RE5 if he didn't actually "swing that way", they even got an actor who looks and sounds like Chris:

As for Wesker, it's very possible he was just a sperm donor for Jake AKA test tube baby, just sayin'.

BTW, yes, I'm well aware the fandom loves to throw crazy theories around. For example, I saw a poll asking "which RE character do you think is gay/bi" Leon was one of the leaders of that poll even though he's enamored with Ada and makes no secret of this. Jill even got some votes despite the RE2 picture file in her S.T.A.R.S. office hinting that she has or had a boyfriend and she's always seemed interested in Chris.

Last edited by KManX89; 01-11-17 at 21:35.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 21:34   #26856
FearEffect

Oh but I'm not saying he's not into women. I don't think Chris Redfield is entirely gay but I do think he could totally like men too. I'm also sure Capcom would've never taken the risk to put Chris dating a man instead of a women in that TV Spot, they'd be afraid of the hate agaist gay men. Plus as I said, I think Chris is bi-sexual, more precisely, Piersexual.

I always saw Chris' relation with Jill as a (best) friends relationship, the same way I always felt Chris' relation with Rebecca was like a little sister relationship. Actually, Reuben is the one who told me that he felt that while he was working on the movie (Vendetta). I asked him because there was that other RE fan who was hating on me for doing Nivanfield fan arts, he told me Chris cleary flirts with Rebecca in Vendetta as an excuse that Chris does not like men while I actually think he didn't, at all.

Though, I don't think Chris being bi-sexual would be a crazy theorie. Straight, gay, bi-sexual, it's all natural.
They just never precised it because Resident Evil is not about love stories. You don't need to know a character's sexuality to love him. I love Chris no matter if he's gay, straight or bi. But homophobic people would probably be angry if they find out Chris is gay or bi.

Last edited by FearEffect; 01-11-17 at 21:36.
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-17, 21:49   #26857
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManX89
As for Wesker, it's very possible he was just a sperm donor for Jake AKA test tube baby, just sayin'.
Jake's mother hid the pregnancy and left the country. Wesker never knew he had a son which implies they had sex.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-17, 03:00   #26858
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
^ Agreed. The factory should probably be expanded. Basically any area where it gives you a map, and then two rooms later you're done that area, so the Sherry/Ada pumping station and the sewers are two other good areas to expand.
Yeah, I hope that some of the locations in the RE2 remake get the REmake treatment where they expand on certain areas. I agree with you about those areas being expanded too. This the following areas I would expand:

- Expand the street portions of the game. One of the reasons RE3 was my favorite in the series was because we got to explore different streets and alleys in Raccoon City. I would love to see more street section in RE2 like running through more buildings and alleys to get to the RPD.

- Add more rooms to the third floor of the RPD. If there's anything I would change about the RPD, it would be to add more rooms to the third level of the precinct. Also, it could give more uses of the Precinct keys.

- Expand Sherry and Ada's gameplay too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a separate playable scenario for Ada that chronicles her role in the Raccoon City events. Similar to the "Death's Door scenario" in Umbrella Chronicles.

I hope they give us better puzzles in RE2 too. For the most part, they were non-existent in this game. Push a statue onto a different colored tile, push buttons to two book shelves, and solve an easy math puzzle to restore puzzles. Those were the only puzzles I remember from RE2, and they were all easy. They don't need ridiculous puzzles like RE3, but definitely like to see them overhauled in this game.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-17, 03:32   #26859
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
Yeah, I hope that some of the locations in the RE2 remake get the REmake treatment where they expand on certain areas. I agree with you about those areas being expanded too. This the following areas I would expand:

- Expand the street portions of the game. One of the reasons RE3 was my favorite in the series was because we got to explore different streets and alleys in Raccoon City. I would love to see more street section in RE2 like running through more buildings and alleys to get to the RPD.

- Add more rooms to the third floor of the RPD. If there's anything I would change about the RPD, it would be to add more rooms to the third level of the precinct. Also, it could give more uses of the Precinct keys.

- Expand Sherry and Ada's gameplay too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a separate playable scenario for Ada that chronicles her role in the Raccoon City events. Similar to the "Death's Door scenario" in Umbrella Chronicles.

I hope they give us better puzzles in RE2 too. For the most part, they were non-existent in this game. Push a statue onto a different colored tile, push buttons to two book shelves, and solve an easy math puzzle to restore puzzles. Those were the only puzzles I remember from RE2, and they were all easy. They don't need ridiculous puzzles like RE3, but definitely like to see them overhauled in this game.
All good additions, in my eyes. Plus add that randomizer from the N64 in there for added replayability!

I know we're putting a lot on our wishlist, but surely a few of these items will be in the finished product... whenever that happens.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-17, 04:10   #26860
robm_2007

Ideally, I'd love to see the streets, RPD, and lab have equal importance. Add in whatever Outbreak contributed to RPD and lab + mooooore.

I'd like to see more residential areas in the lab, considering weren't people supposed to live there? Or am I thinking too much of the Hive from the films? They just had one nurse's room with a bed (or whatever that room was), along with the room with a few bunk beds.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote