Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-07-20, 21:26   #21
AgentXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
I wasn't planning on a sequel actually

That final cut was something I've been force to put because the statistics of level 4 wouldn't show up if there wasn't a cut. So I replace the default Larson's cut by Natla's, because at least, it would me more fitting and could left a sort of open ending. Still, it was a little confusing, you just killed Natla and destroy the Scion and then she appears on a strange empty room placing it again? Didn't look so good

Now I found a way to show the statistics without having a cut, so the ending is not open anymore. But that doesn't mean there couldn't be a sequel
Aww I hope so haha, I was hoping for sequal lol
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 15:18   #22
DaroRaider

Found something very curious when playing this game in DOSBOX version.
Look at the video.

When Lara starts firing you can see the Collison/Visibility Box in the fire sprite. It is not a sprite, it's actually called "Gunflare" moveable.
This only happen in DosBox version not in ATI, so taking in account that the *.phd file are the same in both version, it has something to do with DOSBOX.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 17:21   #23
Feder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
This only happen in DosBox version not in ATI, so taking in account that the *.phd file are the same in both version, it has something to do with DOSBOX.
Yes, it only happens on DOSBOX. Only in certain angles you can see the lines of every objects, not only the pistol flare effect, but doors, statics, etc. I think it's something 3dfx does on the glide exe.
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-20, 04:31   #24
Girafarig32

I honestly didn't have an issue with any of the things you mentioned. The only issue I had was for some reason Lara refused to grab onto one of the ledges in the first level where you input the cogs. I'll post my original review below from TRLE.

Quote:
"I was excited to see another Feder game released, and I wasn't disappointed! Gameplay and puzzles: Many unique puzzles, one of which literally had me saying "Ohhh!" when I figured it out. Many new challenges and some old ones from original game, like boulder traps, that were placed tastefully throughout the level and always keeping the player on their toes. Enemies, objects and secrets: A great amount of effort was devoted toward objects, both from TR1 and new, and were placed throughout the levels pretty well. I loved Thor's hammer and how it played a different role than the original game. Secrets felt rewarding to find. Enemies weren't overdone and complimented the gameplay. There were a lot of "big open rooms", but they were mostly pits below that the player would fall to their death if they weren't careful. Atmosphere, sound and cameras: I actually had chills from some of the places where the music was placed so perfectly. Each level had a unique atmosphere that was truly brilliant. Cameras were used effectively to offer clues or introduce a new area from a unique perspective. Lighting and textures: I believe the textures were borrowed from the TR1 HD texture pack. They looked very nice in these levels and helped to create stunning environments. Lighting was overall pretty good, but perhaps the first level was a bit brighter than it should have been in the caves, though I may be sounding a bit picky on this one. There are two other miscellaneous suggestions I have. First is some of the ledges, particularly in the boat level-- the room where you place the cogs-- some of the ledges Lara would not grab onto very easily. I had to position her just right and do a bit of messing around with keys to get her to grab onto it. My second suggestion is the **SPOILERS** rainbow bridge. I absolutely loved this (doesn't it nod at Bifröst in Norse mythology?) I only wished there was more to it than pull a lever and use it to reach the door to the next area. It looked stunning! I would definitely have it play a larger, more dramatic role. " - dragooncroft (13-Jul-2020)
The only other thing that stumped me I suppose was getting the boat in the ship level to move. I think I had trouble finding the lever. Otherwise this was another great level from one of my favorite builders

EDIT: Also there's an odd glitch when you jump over the table in the ship level, the game goes completely black. But this is only a minor issue that can be avoided by simply not doing it!

Last edited by Girafarig32; 29-07-20 at 04:33.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 22:24   #25
Leoc1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post

I know harsh gameplay can ruin the experience, and that's not something I want, so I've decided to revise a few things that I saw players struggling with, in order to make it more “player friendly”, plus some minor corrections like missing textures and lighting
Hello
First: Congratulations on the spectacular set of levels.
Reading your post and the answers I discovered this problem of "soundtrack repetition". I'm doing a TR1 custom level, and I haven't seen this. Maybe I'll try the "stone" idea XD.
Possibly you have already made the adjustments, but I believe that only occasional changes should be made (the secret problem and some jumps, for example), not to lessen the difficulty. It's balanced, your game is amazing.
The TR1 engine is more complicated to play, so some difficulties are inherent to it. Balancing a custom level is not easy, but I wish you success in your next projects.
Leoc1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 01:00   #26
bublehed

I actually really enjoyed the challenge of this level-set. It was pretty much perfect IMO. It gave me nostalgia even though it was a completely new experience.

That said, I can see how it could at times be too difficult for some. If you do re-release it it's likely I'll replay it anyway.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote